About the Organizer
Panjab University Regional Centre (PURC) has been established at the campus of P.U. Extension Library, Ludhiana w.e.f. the academic Session 2003-04.Prof. K.N. Pathak, then Vice-Chancellor of Panjab University, Chandigarh took keen interest and fulfilled the long outstanding demand of the residents of Ludhiana and set up the Panjab University Regional Centre at Ludhiana.
He Institute was formally inaugurated by His Excellency the Governor of Punjab, Justice O.P. Verma on 5th Oct. 2003. A number of new initiatives are being undertaken under the dynamic leadership of Prof. Raj Kumar, present Vice-Chancellor of Panjab University, Chandigarh.
About the Seminar
Panjab University Regional Centre (PURC) is organising a one-day Seminar on Changing Dimensions of Sports Law: Some Contemporary Issues on 7th February 2020.
The term ‘Sports Law’ is non-existential in the expressions of legal terminology. The area is looked in through the lens of various applicable laws like, Civil, Criminal and Commercial. The increase of commercialization of Sports, has thus invoked the questions of Competition Laws, Intellectual Property Laws, Contract Law etc. Hence, the objective of the present seminar is thus, to highlight, discuss, review critical areas of sports law, nationally as well internationally.
Call for papers
Abstracts are invited for paper presentation in the seminar to enhance the richness and diversity of intellectual thoughts on the theme. Interested participants are required to email the abstracts on the email address given below till December 30, 2019.
E-mailI ID: sportslawseminar[at]gmail.com
The sub-themes of the seminar are as follows:
SPORTS & CONTRACTUAL ISSUES
- Contract Management by Sports Management Companies
- Branding & Image Rights of Sportspersons
- Recent Trends in insurance and Risk Management in Sports Events
- The Third Empire in Sports Dispute Resolution: Arbitration Tribunals and Courts Jurisdiction
- Private Sports Competition Events, Leagues: Challenges & Issues
- Endorsement Rights and Contractual Liabilities
- Minors in Sports Contracts
- Sports, Media Rights, Licensing & Dealing with Privacy
- Marketing: Creating & Managing Data & Sports Marketing Agreements
- Contractual liabilities vis a vis sports commentators, experts
SPORTS & CRIMINAL LAW ISSUES
- Match Fixing, Gambling & Betting
- Criminal Law & Spot-fixing
- International Cricket Council’s Anti-Corruption Code
- Protection of Players
- Child Players and their protection under criminal laws in India
- Concussion: Second Impact Syndrome
- Violence in Sports
- Corruption in selections, providing media rights, finalizing commentators and the like issues
SPORTS & INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW ISSUES
- Intellectual Property & Media Rights’
- Sports, Trade Mark Law & Intellectual Property Rights
- Competition Law & Sports
- Team Owners & Intellectual Property
- Olympic Games & Intellectual Property
- Indian Premier League: Judicial Approach and Case Studies
- Data Protection & Sports Laws
SPORTS: ETHICAL & OTHER ISSUES
- Doping & Unethical Practices in Sports
- Equality & Discrimination in Sports
- Gender Issues in Sports
- Sexual Harassment Issues in Sports
- Sports Law & Differently Abled Persons
- Match Fixing
- Global Politics & Sports Law
- Education: Training Next Generation of Sports Lawyers
- Sports Psychology & Sports Law
- Sports Medicine, Physiotherapy & Sports Law
- Sports Governing Bodies in India & Sports Law
- Sports & Technology
- Corruption in Sports & Law
Publication of book
All the submissions shall adhere to the following guidelines:
The abstract should be up to 300 words including the Key Words that outlines the Sub-themes selected by the author(s) should be sent by December 30, 2019, on the given email address. Each abstract must contain the following details as well:-
- Title of the Paper
- Name of the Author (s)
- Contact Number
- Email Address
- The Full Paper should be between 3000 to 5000 words (including footnotes).
- Format of the main text, and footnotes
- Times New Roman with Font Size 12
- All references must be in the form of footnotes in Times New Roman with Font Size 10.
- Line spacing for the main text should be 1.5 and for footnotes must be 1.15
Co-authorship is permitted up to 2 co-authors only. Each co-author must register individually.
NOTE: Entries must be original and unpublished in any form. Any sort of Plagiarism will disqualify the entries.
All Abstract and Full Papers are required to be submitted electronically through e-mail attachment in MS Word (.doc/ .docx) format at sportslawseminar[at]gmail.com till the last dates as mentioned hereinbefore.
Please note: PDFs will not be accepted.
- Last date for submission of abstracts: December 30, 2019
- Communication for acceptance of abstract: January 5, 2020
- Last date for sending full paper: January 15, 2020
- Date of Seminar: February 7, 2020
CATEGORIES OF PARTICIPANTS
Rs. 1500 (inclusive 18%GST)
Note: Registration Fee shall include: Registration Kit, Lunch, Tea and a participation certificate.
Modes of Payment
Payment modes shall be intimated soon.
Prof. Aman A. Cheema: 9417233997
Dr. Ashish Virk: 9417000802
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.