Deccan Education Society’s Shri Navalmal Firodia Law College, Pune organizes the 9th National Seminar and Judgment Analysis Competition on the 1st & 2nd of February, 2019.
The theme of this year’s edition of the Competition is Intellectual Property Rights in general and Industrial Designs in specific and the judgments to be analysed are:
Micolube India Limited v. Rakesh Kumar 20131AD (Delhi) 542 ; MIPR 2012 (2) 200
Reckitt Benckiser India Ltd. v. Wyeth Ltd. AIR 2013 Delhi 101 ;2013 (54) PTC 90 (Del) (FB)
Further, a seminar on “Industrial Designs & Integrated Circuits – A Legal Regime”on 2nd of February 2019 shall also be conducted. Students pursuing 3-years or 5-years law course in the academic year 2018-19 from any recognized Law School / College / University in India are eligible to participate for the competition and seminar. Attendance for the seminar is open to academicians, students and practicing professionals.
Participation for the Judgment Analysis Competition is restricted to 20 entries and registration shall be granted on a first come-first serve basis.
- Last date for registration: 30th January, 2019.
- Last date for submission of Judgment Analysis (soft copy), PowerPoint Presentation and Scanned copy of the Demand Draft: 29th January, 2019.
- Submission of Judgment Analysis (4 hard copies): 30th January, 2019.
Prizes (for the Judgment Analysis Competition)
- Winner: Trophy + Cash Prize (₹10,000/-).
- 1st Runner-up: Trophy + Cash Prize (₹7,000/-).
- 2nd Runner-up: Trophy + Cash Prize (₹5,000/-).
For any further queries, kindly visit our website www.deslaw.edu.in or send us a mail at [email protected]
- Yashwant Thorat: +91 94220 67676
- Vaibhav Karpur: +91 97659 41234
- Adwait Deodhar: +91 90288 14864
- Gayatri Datar: +91 96734 56013
Reckitt v. Wyeth Case Judgement
Micolube India Limited v. Rakesh Kumar Replica
Sample Cover pages
Rules of the competition