The National Seminar on Human Rights Education organised by Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla is structured to further focus on Human Rights Education and its impact on law making, law enforcement and interpretation of law. It is providing a solid platform to discuss the issues to mainstream the concept of human rights in the works of the government.
In addition to comprehensive presentations to be made by the Experts and Panelists, participants of the Seminar will carry out situational analysis of HRE policies in India and suggest appropriate solutions for various implementation gaps that could help craft long term strategies to meet international human rights obligations while safeguarding their respective religious and cultural particularities.
Objectives of the Seminar
- To assess the role of HRE in enhancing the knowledge and understanding of Human Rights and laws.
- To analyse various ideological, psychological, political and sociological approach in dissemination of HRE.
- To discuss legal, political and other co-related issues to build universal culture for HRE.
- To evaluate how HRE is concerned and empowers the victim(s) of abuse and trauma.
Call for Papers
Papers are invited in the sub-themes mentioned in the conference brochure given below.
Participants are requested to submit full paper (4000 words) along with their abstract on or before 04 May, 2018 by email to [email protected].
- For Faculty members/Advocates/Others: Rs 1000/-
- For Research Scholars/ Students: Rs 500/-
Submission of Abstract and paper: 04th May, 2018
Confirmation of Acceptance of the Paper: 06th May, 2018
Submission of Final Paper for Circulation: 10th May, 2018
Office: 01772830935, 01772833880, 01772833891
Mobile(s): Dr. Runa Mehta Thakur (9418119328), Dr. Sasha C. Kanwar (9418148873)
For registration form, click here and click here for conference brochure.
This post was first published on:
30 Apr 2018