About the university:
IMS Unison University, Dehradun is a constituent of Unison group and has been in the field of education since 1996.
About the conference:
Right to healthy and wholesome environment has been recognized as a human as well as a fundamental right in India.
It goes without saying that the role of legal support system i.e. Judiciary, legislature and the government agencies are of paramount importance to achieve pollution free environment.
In India, there is plethora of laws pertaining to environment, yet it fails to maintain clean environment. Environment protection has been a matter of great concern not only for India but also at global level.
Hence the main aim of the seminar is to create awareness and dialogue between professional, academic and research scholars and other stakeholders on major issues related to Environment.
Papers are invited from research scholars, academicians, lawyers and jurists.
Themes & sub-themes: The following sub-themes are only illustrative in nature and may include any paper covering the major themes of the Seminar.
- Environment Protection – Legal and Human Rights Perspective.
- Designing the Zero Plastic Policy and its implementation.
- Laws and Policies for protection of flora and fauna.
- Coastal zone Management in Coherence of international convention in Indian laws.
- Role of IPR for ensuring insurance of environment protection.
- Environment Protection & Sustainable Development: Economic, Agricultural & Industrial Development.
- Eco-system Management: Biodiversity & Wild Life Protection.
- Climate Change and Global warming.
- Biotechnology, food security and its impact on Environment.
- Sustainable Development and Disaster Management.
- E- waste and its impact on Environment.
- Bio-terrorism and its impact on Environment.
- Technology and its impact on Environment.
- Environmental Protection and Sustainable Governance.
- Development of Environmental Jurisprudence: Evolution & Growth.
- Alternative Dispute resolution system for environmental conflicts.
- Social Dimensions of Environmental Issues: Farmers’ Rights, Public Health, Human Rights, Quality of Life, Role of NGOs
- Monitoring SDG (Sustainable Development Goals) indicators for environmental justice.
- National Green tribunal and its role in judiciary.
- Sustainable development as environmental justice.
- Role of educational institutions in environmental protection.
- Role of other institutions in sustainable development.
Delegates are requested to adhere to the following guidelines to facilitate the submission process.
1. Abstract Submission: Delegates are requested to send an abstract of 200 to 300 words as an attachment in a soft copy in word document with the following information to [email protected], along with; Name of the delegate(s), Designation/Institution Details/Occupation, Address and Email id, Title of the abstract and Abstract.
Selected abstracts shall be acknowledged.
2. Submission of full-length paper: Paper should be original, relevant and clear.
3. Format and Specifications required:
- Font: Times New Roman, 12pt, 1.5 spacing.
- Footnote: Times New Roman, 10pt., 1.0 spacing.
- Alignment: Justified.
- Sheet: A4 Size with 1’’ Margin on all sides.
- Citation: Uniform Style of Citation.
- Length: Max. 4500 words (exclusive of footnotes).
- Academicians / Organization Representatives (Including Co-Author): Rs.2000.
- Research Scholars/ Students (Including Co-Author): 1800.
- Skype presentation: 1200.
- Last date for Abstract Submission: March 5, 2019
- Last Date for Registration: February 28, 2019
- Submission of full Paper: March 5, 2019.
1. Ms. Shalini Bachheti: 8192842869
2. Ms. Arnisha Ashraf: 7289823879
3. Nikita Banerjee: 8709654944
4. Shreya Dubey: 9179354947
Click here for official website link.