About the Seminar
Corporate world is susceptible to various kinds of fraud and scams including cyber, accounting and financial frauds. Fraud is a deliberate act committed to deprive a person or institution of property or money through unfair means. Corporate fraud is committed by corporate managers, directors, professionals and even capital market intermediaries for undue personal gain.
Asset misappropriation, fraudulent statements, improper valuation etc. are different kinds of frauds committed in the corporate world. Financial frauds create turmoil in the capital market. In the backdrop of several corporate scams, there were widespread criticisms that the regulatory regime is devoid of adequate mechanisms to prevent corporate fraud. High standards of corporate governance and stringent provisions to tackle corporate fraud have
become the need of the hour.
The Companies Act, 2013 introduced certain novel provisions to address these shortcomings and effectively deal with corporate fraud.
The seminar intends to discuss different kinds of corporate frauds, the challenges faced by the legal system, the importance of anti-fraud mechanisms and the remedies available for redressing the grievances.
Call for Papers
Research papers are invited from the academicians, researchers, practitioners and students on the broad themes given below. Research papers should apply research skills and must highlight the specific research problem. The work should be original, previously unpublished and must not be in the stage of submission/consideration elsewhere.
- Corporate Fraud- Frauds under Companies Act, 2013-Fraud on Company- Fraud Risk Management-Corporate Compliance Mechanisms-Internal Control Mechanisms.
- Bank Fraud -Financial Fraud-systemic risks-Loan frauds- Credit Fraud Investigation.
- Securities Market Fraud- Fraud in Stock Markets – Securities Market Manipulations.
- Ponzi Schemes-Investment Frauds- Shell Companies- Regulatory Mechanisms.
- Accounting and Financial Frauds-Forensic Accounting-Detection and Prevention.
- Corporate Fraud and its Interface with other Economic legislations –Legislative frame work on Prevention of Money Laundering – Fugitive Economic Offenders Act, 2018
Guidelines for Submission
The abstract can be submitted electronically via email to: [email protected] on or before 5th December 2018.
The abstract and final paper submitted shall undergo an internal review process and the
acceptance of the abstract/ full Paper for the seminar will be communicated through email.
Last date for submission of Abstract: 05.12.2018
Notification for acceptance of Abstract: 10.12.2018
Last date for submission of Full Paper: 31.12.2018
Notification of acceptance of Full paper: 04.1.2019
Date of Seminar: 17-19th Jan 2019
Registration can be done on 17th January, 2019 on spot.
No TA/DA will be provided by the host institution.
Participants shall make their own arrangements for accommodation and the organisers will not be responsible for the same.
Dr. Preetha S.: Ph: 6282993189
Ms. Shruthi Manohar: Mob: 9995784769
Click here for official notification.