About the Organiser:
Together- We Can and We Will a non-governmental organisation (NGO), known for the Welfare of the underprivileged and conducting law seminars and conferences across the country is organising a “Seminar on Legal Writing” on 28th March 2019.
About the Seminar:
Acquire one of the most essential skills that a legal professional must have – Drafting. This seminar will teach you the critical rules and principles of drafting legal documents through the eyes of experienced lawyers.
Apart from comprehensively covering the best practices for drafting legal documents in general, the seminar will also focus closely on contracts, notices, and pleadings.
After the seminar, we will be conducting a Legal Drafting competition, wherein students have to send a legally drafted document (Document type will be communicated to the students by 30th March 2019 by mail) to the official email id of Together- We Can and We Will (i.e.together.wcww19[at]gmail.com), students will be given a week time to prepare the document.
On 8th April 2019, i.e. Monday, students will be required to send the document drafted by them to the email id mentioned above. Submissions received after that will not be considered, no excuse whatsoever.
The winner of the competition i.e. the best legal drafter will get a chance to intern with one of the Hon’ble Judge of High Court of Delhi.
What you will learn?
- The general rules and principles of drafting legal documents.
- Analysing issues in contracts and negotiating terms of the contract.
- Learn how to draft notices and pleadings.
- How to edit and review documents you have drafted.
- The major provisions under the Indian Contracts Act, 1872.
- Learn how to structure a commercial contract.
- Fundamentals of good legal writing.
- Ms. Nandita Rao (Additional Standing counsel (Criminal), Government of Delhi, Advocate at Delhi High Court).
- Dr. Amar Pal Singh (LL.M. PH.D.(Law), Professor at USLLS, IP University).
Perks for Delegates:
- Invaluable knowledge
- Great hospitality
- Certificate of participation
- A chance to get an internship under one of the Hon’ble Judge of High Court of Delhi
No such eligibility requirement, any person having an interest in the field of law can attend this seminar.
Theme: Legal Drafting
Location: Conference Hall, Rohini Court, New Delhi.
Registration Fee: Rs 300
If payment is made before 20th March 2019 then students will be getting Rs 100 off.