The Second RMLNLU International Legal Essay Competition (RILEC), 2014, will be the second edition of the flagship essay competition of Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow.
The inaugural edition of the Competition was a huge success with participation from India and abroad.The theme for this year’s essay competition is International Criminal Law.
Theme of the essay competition: International Criminal Law
1. ‘Contemporary issues vis a vis International Criminal Law Statutes & Conventions’.
Topics related to crimes against humanity, international cyber-crimes, transnational organized crimes and the protocol therein, are some of the topics that may be explored under this head.
2. ‘Crimes under common law’.
This head may contain matters related to murder, corporate criminal liability, corporate manslaughter, crimes related to narcotics and psychotropic substances.
3. ‘Bilateral and Multilateral enforcement mechanisms in International law’.
The law of extradition in the realm of International criminal law, judicial assistance and mutual cooperation in penal matters, transfer of proceedings and enforcement of foreign awards under International Criminal law, are topics that may be dealt with under this sub-theme.
1. Word Limit: 4000-4500 words (excluding footnotes)
2. Individual Attachments: Name; contact details; current academic status (Year, University etc.); undertaking as to guarantee of originality.
3. Formatting specifications: a. Font type and size for essay : Times New Roman | 12 b. Size for footnotes : 10 c. Line spacing for essay : 1.5 d. Uniform citation should be followed throughout the essay.
4. The file names must consist only of the authors’ names.
1. Students pursuing a 3 year LL.B. course or 5 year integrated LL.B. course, in India and equivalent Undergraduate law degree, abroad.
2. Students pursuing LL.M. or Ph.D.; and/or Professionals are barred from participation in the Competition.
1. The copyright for all entries shall vest with the organisers who herewith reserve the right to modify, postpone or defer the competition and its adjudication indefinitely as and when exigencies of an unforeseen nature may arise.
2. Any attempt, direct or indirect, to contact the panel of judges will be met with immediate disqualification of the relevant entry.
1. Co-authorship of entries is strictly not allowed.
2. Multiple entries for individual authors are not allowed.
3. A participant may submit an entry related to ONE subtheme ONLY. One may not juxtapose subthemes in an entry.
The last date for submission of soft copies is April 8.
Winner- Rs. 15,000 and Letter of Recommendation from the Honorary Head of the Executive Panel of Judges.
First Runner up- Rs. 10,000
Second Runner up- Rs. 5,000
Certificates of Appreciation for the top 10 entries which get shortlisted.
Send submissions to [email protected]
Send queries to [email protected]
Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/RILEC2014