Schwarzman Scholars invites applications for its Class of 2022-23 for the Schwarzman Scholars Masters Program at Tsinghua University, China.
About Schwarzman Scholars
Schwarzman Scholars, founded by American financier Stephen A. Schwarzman, is an international postgraduate award program for students to study at Tsinghua University. Awards are made to 100–200 applicants per year, worldwide.
The program selects scholars based on their leadership ability, academic achievement, and demonstrated potential to become the next generation of global leaders who will build bridges between China and the rest of the world. Selected scholars study for a fully-funded one-year master’s degree in Global Affairs at Tsinghua University.
The program launched in June 2016, upon the completion of Schwarzman College at Tsinghua University, located in Beijing, China, and is housed in a college designed by Robert A.M. Stern, Dean of the Yale School of Architecture. It hosts up to 200 scholars annually from the United States, China, and other countries around the world.
Schwarzman Scholars has an acceptance rate comparable to the Rhodes and Marshall scholarships, making it one of the most competitive scholarships in the world.
Why Schwarzman Scholars?
- It is the first scholarship created to respond to the geopolitical landscape of the 21st century. In any sector, the success of future leaders around the world depends upon an understanding of China’s role in global trends.
- This program stands on the list of one of the most competitive scholarships in the world.
- It also finds a place in the list of the important scholarships every Master’s Degree (including the law graduates) candidate must take.
- Leadership Abilities
- Exemplary Character & Integrity
- Academic Aptitude & Intellectual Ability
- Empathy & Intercultural Competency
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
In addition to the above-listed attributes, the candidates must also fulfill the following criteria.
- Must have an undergraduate degree
- Must be 18-28 years of age
- Must be proficient in the English language
For US and Global Applicants:
- Application period: Apr 2021 – Sep 2021
- Selections: Nov 2021
- Classes begin: Aug 2022
For applicants with Chinese Passports:
- Application period: Jan 2021 – May 2021
- Selections: Sept 2021
- Classes begin: Aug 2022
The Class of 2021-2022 was announced in December 2020 and US/Global applications for the Class of 2022-2023 will be open from April 14, 2021, to September 21, 2021, at 11:59 PM ET (9:29 am September 22, 2021; Indian Standard Time (IST))
Click here to know more.
To apply for the Schwarzman Scholars Program, click on the link given at the end of this post.
Click here for the application instructions.
Apply by September 01, 2021
For detailed contact information, visit the ‘Contact Us’ page on the official website or click here.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.