About the Organiser
Royzz & Co. is a full-service law firm consisting of dynamic and curious-minded tech-savvy engineers and lawyers who excel at marrying the unconventional creative and scientific temperament with fast-paced business needs.
About the Essay Competition
Royzz and Co. International Essay Writing Contest is being organised in an endeavour to harness the energy, inventiveness, creativity and ingenuity of the legal world.
The competition is open to all law students enrolled in undergraduate or postgraduate courses from any recognized university/college across India, law graduates and legal professionals/academicians.
The team of Royzz & Co. and Law League India have carefully deliberated upon carving out five themes of legal and societal relevance. The themes are as follows:
- Patents, Monopoly and its impact on Access to Healthcare
- The Disaster Management Act 2005 and Epidemic Disease Act 1897 – Are these Acts sufficient in tackling the pandemic/health emergency?
- Advocacy should involve thinking out of the box. Depending on Case Laws will kill creativity!
- An Analysis of India’s New FDI Policy: Are there any Grey Areas?
- Intersection between IPR and Competition Law
To promote creativity, the aforementioned are broad topics and participants are encouraged to write on any aspect under the said topics. The primary objective of the contest is to provide an intellectually stimulating platform to law students and professionals to discuss issues of contemporary importance.
- Top students shall be screened for an internship opportunity with Royzz & Co. Students will be provided a stipend for the internship.
- Outstanding submissions shall be published in the Royzz & Co. Newsletter and Website (The same is circulated to clients and partners worldwide).
- Letter of Recommendation/Certificate of Merit signed by Ms. Mahua Roy Chowdhury.
- Submissions satisfying the selection criteria shall also be considered for publication under Legal Development and Policy Review Published by Law League. See the Journal guidelines by clicking here.
How to Submit?
Please send your submissions as a .doc or .docx file and biographical information in a separate document with the subject title “Royzz_‘Name of the Participant’”. Entries may be submitted via email to lawleagueessay[at]gmail.com. Note that a separate mail has to be sent for registration and submission of paper.
The last date for registration and submission is June 15, 2020.
How to Register?
The participants must register themselves by sending a mail to lawleagueessay[at]gmail.com.
There is no registration fee for the competition. The registration mail must have the subject “Royzz Registration_‘Name of the Participant’”. The registration mail must consists a cover letter with the name, professional affiliation and contact numbers.
Note: Please note that there is no registration fee for the competition.
For any further information/clarification, please reach out to lawleagueessay[at]gmail.com or info[at]lawleague.in.
[pdf-embedder url=”https://www.lawctopus.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Royzz-Co.-Essay-Competition-2.pdf” title=”Royzz & Co. Essay Competition-2″]
Here are a few other posts that you might be interested in:
- 2nd Short Article Writing Competition by Juscholars
- Sarin-McGill Annual Student Essay Contest on Aircraft Finance & Leasing
- Oriental School of Law’s 1st Article Writing Competition
- SpicyIP’s Shamnad Basheer Essay Competition on Intellectual Property Law
- Supremo Amicus Vol 18 + 17th Research Paper Competition
- Ansal University’s 2nd Online Article Writing Competition
- Think India’s 10th National Article Writing Competition
- Pen Your Thoughts: 4th National Article Writing Competition by VidhiAagaz