The present scenario of crime investigation and prosecution of criminals, in India is a rather dismal. The technical knowledge of an average man has increased tremendously in recent years. The crime techniques are getting refined. The investigation officer, therefore, needs scientific methods to combat the modern scientific criminal. Therefore, to explain the importance of forensic science and medical jurisprudence in criminal investigation the School of Law, Manipal University Jaipur is organizing two days Seminar from 3rd and 4th November 2018.
The Seminar shall feature presentations and speeches by eminent practitioners, academicians, students and experts in criminal law. Each session will be followed by an interactive discussion with the participants of the seminar.
Guidelines for Registration
- Interested participants are requested to send a fully filled Registration Form to email@example.com with the subject as “[Name of the Applicant] –Registration for Seminar.”
- Registration fee for students: INR 1500
- Registration fee for any academician or practitioner: INR 2500
- The University will provide accommodation to participant of the
- The mode of payment will be the Demand Draft in favour of “Manipal University Jaipur” payable at Jaipur.
- All participants will be issued a Certificate of Participation by the School of Law, Manipal University
Deadline for Registration
The deadline for registration is August 30, 2018.
The main theme of the Seminar is “Role of Forensic Science and Medical Jurisprudence in Criminal Investigation”.
- Importance of Forensic Science in Law
- Forensic Biology
- Digital Forensic
- Mobile Device Forensic
- Cyber Security
- Forensic Investigation
- Forensic Medicine
- Crime Scene Investigation
The above areas of Crime Investigation and sub-themes are indicative in nature. The participants are free to choose an inter-disciplinary topic involving one or more of the above areas of law or sub-themes, provided that it fits within the broad theme of the Seminar.
Guidelines for Paper Presentations
- The Seminar shall have paper presentations (including articles, notes and comments) that shall be selected after a blind review procedure to be conducted by the Editorial Board.
- The presenters will present their papers before a panel of experts who shall adjudge the paper
- The participants may adopt any suitable means for presenting the papers including audio-visual aids, Power Point presentations
- Authors whose papers are selected for presentation in the Conference shall be required to pay an amount of INR 1000 for single author entries and INR 1500 for co-authored entries.
- The University will provide accommodation to all the authors who are selected to present their papers at the
- The mode of payment will be communicated to the participants via email after they have submitted their registration
- Three best research papers will stand a chance of getting their research paper
- The three best presenters will also be awarded exciting cash prices. Details will follow soon.
Please note that the submissions must conform to the following requirements:
- Authors are requested to send an electronic version of their manuscripts .doc or .docx format to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject as “Submission- [Name of Author] – Submission for Seminar.”
- The acceptable length of Articles is between 5000-8000 words, and of Notes and Comments is between 3000-5000 words, including
- All submissions must include an abstract of not more than 300 words, explaining the main idea, objective of the article and the conclusions drawn from
- The Article should be in Time New Roman, font size 12, 1.5 line Spacing and 1 inch margins on each side. Footnotes should be in font size 10 and with single line
- The Authors should conform to the Harvard Bluebook (20th edition) system of citation. The relevant sources should be duly acknowledged as
- Authors should provide their contact details, designation and institutional affiliation only in the covering letter for the The authors are to refrain from mentioning their details in the submission itself considering the evaluation of the submission is subject to a blind review. Each submission may have up to two authors.
- The submission must be the original work of the authors. Any form of plagiarism will lead to direct
- Authors of the shortlisted submissions will be intimated regarding the review
- The decision of the Editorial Board in this regard shall be
The deadline for submissions of Full Paper is October 5, 2018.
|Registration Deadline||30th August, 2018|
|Submission of Abstract||15th September, 2018|
|Intimation of Abstract Acceptance on or before||20th September, 2018|
|Submission of Full Paper on acceptance of Abstract||5th October, 2018|
- Mona Mahecha: 9929513558, Email: email@example.com
- Sunita Singh Khatana: 9799583541, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For brochure, click here.