RMLNLU and Regstreet Law Advisors are calling for entries for Conference on International Legal Essay Writing Competition & Conference on Financial Regulatory Laws to be held on March 14, 2021.
About the Opportunity
The Journal Committee at Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow, in collaboration with Regstreet Law Advisors, is organizing the 8th edition of the RMLNLU International Legal Essay Writing Competition (RILEC) along with RMLNLU-Regstreet Law Advisors Conference on Financial Regulatory law on 14 March 2021.
- Regulatory hurdles to the growth of a successful IFSC in india
- Financial regulations and the innovation in fintech
- Direct overseas listing
- Resolution of financial firms
- Analysis of the stock exchange responses to curb the pandemic caused volatility
- Social stock exchange
- Trading member default
Authors must be pursuing their 5-year integrated LL.B. (Hons.) course / 3-year LL.B. course / LL.M. from any recognized university in India and an equivalent law degree, abroad for the academic year of 2020-2021, to be eligible to participate in the Competition
- All entries will be judged and ranked by the Regstreet Law Advisors and Journal Committee.
- A maximum of top five entries will be selected for the virtual conference to be organized on 14 March 2021.
- The participants may adopt any suitable means for presenting the papers including audio-visual aids, such as PowerPoint presentation.
- The selected entries will be considered for publication in the next issue of the RMLNLU Law Review-Journal & the RMLNLU Law Review Blog. The top three essays will be conferred with rewards.
- The last date for submission is 17 January 2021.
- Co-authorship of entries (maximum two) among individuals from the same or different institutions is allowed.
- Multiple entries for same authors are not allowed.
- A participant may submit an entry related to ONE sub-theme ONLY. One may not juxtapose sub-themes in an entry
- Entries should be original, unpublished and non-plagiarised.
- Word Limit: 4000-5000 words (excluding footnotes).
- Individual Attachments: Name; contact details; current academic status (Year, University etc.); undertaking as to guarantee of originality
- Formatting specifications:
- Font and size for the essay: Times New Roman – 12
- Font and size for footnotes: Times New Roman – 10
- Line spacing: 1.5
- Citation Style: Uniform style of citation should be followed throughout the essay.
- The file name must consist only of the author’s name.
- Entries should be emailed to rilec.rmlnlu[at]gmail.com under the subject title “Entry for 8th RILEC – [Name(s) of Author(s)]” in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format.
- The copyright for all entries shall vest with the organisers who herewith reserve the right to modify, postpone or defer the competition and its adjudication indefinitely as and when exigencies of an unforeseen nature may arise.
- Any attempt, direct or indirect, to contact the panel of judges will be met with the immediate disqualification of the relevant entry.
- Any indication of author’s name or university in the entry shall lead to immediate disqualification from the competition.
- Winner: Rs.15,000
- First Runner Up: Rs.10,000
- Second Runner Up: Rs.5,000
- Top three entries will be receiving a ‘certificate of achievement’ and an opportunity to intern at Regstreet Law Advisors.
- A ‘certificate of merit’ shall be provided to the selected entries.
- Selected entries will be published on ‘The RMLNLU Law Review Blog’.
- All participants shall be receiving a ‘certificate of participation’.
Dates and Deadlines
- Last date for the submission of soft copies: 17th January, 2021.
- Virtual conference: 14 March 2021
- Write to rilec.rmlnlu[at]gmail.com in case of queries.
- You may also reach us through the phone.
- Agrima Gupta: +91 9810373335
- Harshit Agrawal: +91 9425429954
- Anmol Adhrit: +91 8825314318
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.