Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution (CADR), RGNUL in association with the Beihai Asia International Arbitration Centre (BAIAC), Singapore is bringing to you an Assignment-Based Workshop on the topic “Importance of Seat of Arbitration.”
About the Workshop
The workshop is being conducted with a goal to deeply delve into the concept of seat of arbitration and understand both, its theoretical and practical framework.
The workshop aims to cover:
- Legal connotations attached with a seat of arbitration – The session aims to cover the legal implications and consequences of selecting a place as their seat of arbitration and the different considerations that parties go through before selecting a seat will also be discussed.
- Difference between a ‘venue’ and a ‘seat’ – Though used interchangeably by laymen, there lies a huge difference between the two terms and the session aims to elaborate upon this distinction in detail.
- Central role of a seat while framing an arbitration agreement – With arbitration becoming mainstream and a preferred mode of dispute resolution for big businesses, it has come to light that deciding a good arbitration seat forms a major point to ponder while framing an arbitration agreement, hence, the key role of seat in this regard will also be discussed.
The Beihai Asia International Arbitration Centre (BAIAC), Singapore is the first-ever establishment of an international arbitration centre in Singapore by a Chinese arbitration commission – Beihai Arbitration Commission, headquartered in Beihai, Guangxi Province.
About the Resource Persons
Prof. Steve Ngo, President, Beihai Asia International Arbitration Centre and Council Member of Hong Kong International Mediation Centre (Chairman of Domain Name Dispute) is a proficient arbitrator, academician and consultant in international arbitration and dispute resolution.
Ms Yvette Anthony, Associate Director, LVM Law Chambers LLC Singapore and Arbitrator, Beihai Asia International Arbitration Centre is an experienced commercial litigator and arbitration practitioner.
The workshop is open for participation for all bonafide students enrolled in Law Degree courses. 3-Year (LL.B.) and 5-Year Integrated Course (B.A./BBA/B.Com/BSc., LL.B.) or Masters in Law Courses (LL.M.) in any recognised University and/or Law School across India.
Details of the Event
- Date – 10th September, 2021
- Time – 03:00 PM onwards (2 hours)
- The event is totally free and no charges will be taken from any participant at any stage.
- Registration is compulsory and can be done by filling this google form.
- Registrations are open till 11.59 PM 08th September 2021.
An e-Certificate of Participation will be provided to all the participants.
Note: The certificate as mentioned above will be sent to all those participants who attend the whole workshop and complete a time-bound assignment, details of which will be released later through mail.
For any other query, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.