CASH (Centre for Advanced Study in International Humanitarian Law) of RGNUL Punjab is organizing a 1-Week Multidisciplinary Workshop on ‘Interfaith and International Humanitarian Law’ from October 18 to 23, 2021.
About CASH, RGNUL
Centre for Advanced Study in International Humanitarian Law (CASH) is an esteemed research centre of Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, which is dedicated to research in the field of International Humanitarian Law (IHL). It aims to ensure that future leaders and opinionmakers understand the practical relevance of the subject of IHL and have a thorough knowledge of its basic principles.
Whenever there are serious and large-scale violations of IHL, the law itself tends to get the blame. Such violations should, of course, rouse the international community to action, however, it is important to find out exactly where the problem lies rather than rushing headlong into changing the rules, especially as this is nowadays an extremely arduous, costly and unpredictable process.
Therefore, the first and foremost function is to sensitize teachers, researchers, and students about the provisions of the IHL so that they may choose IHL as a field in their future research endeavours.
About the Workshop
Centre for Advanced Study in International Humanitarian Law (CASH) and Department of Political Science, RGNUL invites you all to attend the One-week Multidisciplinary Workshop on Interfaith and International Humanitarian Law which is being organised from 18th-23rd October 2021.
This interfaith dialogue will explore the concerns about Interfaith and it’s challenges in International Humanitarian Law during Covid-19.
Objectives of the Workshop
- Spread awareness and knowledge about the rituals and rites from different faiths.
- Stress on the existing obligation under national and international laws for interfaith disputes.
- Challenges faced by different faiths in International humanitarian law (IHL).
- Contemporary issues of Interfaiths in International humanitarian law (IHL).
- Lead a more educated approach to interfaith governance.
The speakers at the event include some of the most profound scholars and gurus from different religious faiths:-
- Prof. (Dr.) Manoj Kumar Sinha, Professor and Director, Indian Law Institute, New Delhi
- Venerable Geshe Dorji Damdul, Director Tibet House, New Delhi
- Dr. A. K. Merchant, Baha’i, General Secretary, Temple of Understanding India Foundation
- Fr. Felix Jones, Christian, Catholic Priest serving the Archdiocese of Delhi
- Rabbi Ezekiel Isaac Malekar, Jew, Head of the Jewish Community, New Delhi
- Andrew James Bartles-Smith, Regional Manager for Humanitarian Affairs at the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Dr. Shveta Dhaliwal, Assistant Professor of Political Science, RGNUL
- Dr. Sangeeta Taak, Assistant Professor of Law, RGNUL
Details of the Event
- Date: September 18 – 23, 2021
- Time: 3:00 PM (IST) Onwards
- Platform: CISCO Webex
Event Fee: Rs. 200 + GST
Registration Link: Please find the registration link at the end of this post.
- Please attach your fee payment receipt and include your fee payment number in the Google Form after making the payment
- All the participants will be given certificates for participating in the said event.
Click here to make your payment.
- Kindly note that the event is free of cost for RGNUL faculty and students.
How to make payment for the event
- Click here for the payment link.
- Under new registration, choose the course- Interfaith and International Humanitarian Law.
- Press click to register to move to the next page.
- Complete the required details to move further to the payment page.
- Take note of Application number after completion of filling of details.
- Choose the payment method and pay the registration fee for the event.
- Take a screenshot of your Fee Payment and upload it on the google form.
Further details will be shared after registration on your E-mail IDs.
A link to a Whatsapp group which you are to join will also be shared, for further updates regarding the event.
- Ms. Sukhman Sandhu (Convenor): +91-9517500041
- Mr. Bitthal Sharma (Co-Convenor): +91-7354375175
- Mr. Arnav Tandon (Co-Convenor): +91-8800450916