RGNUL is inviting applications for Research Assistant for their project onStatus of Radicalization in India: An Exploratory Study of Prevention and Remedies (sanctioned by the Bureau of Police Research & Development, M.H.A., New Delhi).
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, is a public law school and a National Law University located in Patiala, Punjab, India. It was established in 2006 by the Punjab Government as a university dedicated to the field of Legal Education. The first vice-chancellor of the University was Gurjit Singh.
About the Project
Status of Radicalization in India: An Exploratory Study of Prevention and Remedies (sanctioned by the Bureau of Police Research & Development, M.H.A., New Delhi).
In the seven decades since its independence, India has faced and countered extremism emanating from several quarters – left-wing communist insurgencies; strategic terrorism emerging from neighbouring countries; right-wing religious extremism; and, violent separatist movements. In the face of such opposition, the response of our nation-state has been strong-handed and resilient; thoroughly ensuring that our constitutional and social fabric
The problem of radicalization, however, doesn’t end here and threats from various quarters remain ever-present. There is an emerging global discourse, which seeks to answer the question of “why does an individual get radicalized” and a corollary question of – “how can the same be prevented.” Any endeavours to answer these questions in the Indian context requires a systematic and in-depth examination of the past and present political,
socio-economic, socio-legal and psycho-social realities.
It is this examination that the proposed study seeks to undertake. The Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D), Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) is the funding agency for this project.
The study aims at understanding the processes of radicalization, de-radicalization and related measures, with the help of empirical evidence.
About the Centre
A Centre for Criminology, Criminal Justice and Victimology (CCV) is being established at RGNUL with the aim to contribute towards the fundamental and applied research and action in the field of Criminology, Criminal Law, Criminal Justice, Victim Justice, and Victimology. The Centre is implementing the Project.
We are looking to engage one full-time Researcher for this project, who has skills and experience of working on challenging issues and are also ready to carry out extensive fieldwork in this regard.
- Number of posts: 1
- Stipend: Rs. 25,000 P.M. consolidated
Duration of Assignment
The duration of the assignment is initially six months (starting immediately) and extendable as per the requirement of the project till the remaining period of the project. It shall be a full-time assignment. However, modalities of work will be decided by the Project Director.
Criteria for Seclection
- Previous work experience of more than one year in the Field of Academics/Research.
- Preference will be given to the candidate with Law/Criminology/Psychology background.
- Excellent Drafting skills.
- Sound knowledge of empirical research and doctrinal research.
- The candidates shall be required to collate the primary data from the field.
- Coding and Analysis of the data collected.
- Conduct of high quality doctrinal research pertaining to the subject matter.
- Maintains highly detailed records of the stages of development of the project and the final results thereof.
- Additionally, the candidates will be involved with other research related activities of the Project/ Centre.
- All Applicants are required to apply by 25th November 2021, 11.59 pm. Applications beyond this date and time will not be accepted.
- The applicants are required to submit their CV, a Statement of Purpose and Motivation (maximum 500 words) and a writing sample (published/unpublished, sole authorship to – email@example.com with the subject ‘Application for Research Assistant (Status of Radicalization in India: An Exploratory Study of Prevention and Remedies)’.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be called for an interview
- Once selected, the candidates shall be informed of their selection via email.
- RGNUL is an equal opportunity employer.
- RGNUL reserves the right to not fill any positions.
- Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted and individual replies to applicants may not always be possible.
Please direct any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org