The 10th RGNUL National Moot Court Competition, 2022 will be held from 1st April 2022 to 3rd April 2022 at the campus building (Offline Mode) of Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab, Sidhuwal, Bhadson Road, Patiala-147001, Punjab.
The organizers reserve the right to switch the mode of the Competition to Online/Virtual based on the COVID-19 guidelines issued by the Government of India, enforceable at the time. The participants will be notified in advance of the mode of the Competition in case of any modifications.
Team Eligibility and Composition
- Participation is strictly restricted to bona fide law students pursuing the three years or five years LL.B. degree course in any institution in India. Students pursuing their LL.M. and Diploma courses are not eligible for participation.
- Only one team shall be allowed to represent each participating institution.
- Each participating team should have three participating members. In a team, two members shall be designated as ‘Speakers’ and the third member shall be designated as ‘Researcher’.
The registration for the moot shall open on the 4th of January, 2022. A total of 36 slots are available for the moot, meaning thereby that the registration for the moot shall take place on a first-come-first-serve basis.
The interested teams are requested to get their universities provisionally registered via mail from the official email id of their MCC/MCA. Upon receiving the acknowledgement of the provisional registration, participants are requested to follow the procedure given here under final registration.
All the participating institutions have to confirm participation by filling the registration form via the registration link, on or before 30th January 2022.
The link to the registration form: https://forms.gle/opUVi8K3xahkmDK27
In furtherance to this, the participating Universities are required to send a detailed mail consisting of the details of the participating members along with an Authorization Letter/Mail.
The participating teams are required to pay INR 6,000/- as registration fees at the time of registration. In case the Competition is conducted in Virtual Mode, the registration fees to be paid will be INR 3,500/-, the remaining balance will be refunded by the organizers to the concerned teams within a reasonable period of time.
The Link for the payment of Registration Fees: https://www.rgnulerp.org/lsa/eventPortal/loginFrom.jsp
The last date to deposit the registration fees is 5th February 2022. Non-payment of Registration Feesshallresult in the cancellation of the Registration of the Participating Team. In such a scenario, the newly available slot shall be given to the next team in line.
The following awards shall be awarded in the Competition:
- Best Team: The Team winning the final round of the Competition shall be given a trophy and a cash prize of INR 30,000/- (Indian Rupees Thirty Thousand Only).
- Runners Up: The runners up team in the final round of the Competition shall be given a trophy and a cash prize of INR 20,000/- (Indian Rupees Twenty Thousand Only).
- Best Speaker: The speaker having the highest score in the preliminary rounds shall be given a cash prize of INR 8,000/- (Indian Rupees Eight Thousand Only).
- Best Written Submission: The team has the highest average written submission score from both sides shall be given a cash prize of INR 8,000/- (Indian Rupees Eight Thousand Only)
- Best Researcher: The participant having the highest researcher’s score shall be given a cash prize of INR 8,000/- (Indian Rupees Eight Thousand Only)
- Certificates of merit shall be given to all the teams qualifying for Quarter-finals and beyond.
- Certificate of participation shall be given to all the participating teams.
- The awards, certificates of merit and certificates of participation shall be given during the valedictory ceremony to be conducted on 3rd April 2022. No certificate will be given to the team before or after the valedictory function.
Clarifications to the Moot Proposition shall be sought by sending an e-mail to email@example.com on or before 12th February 2022. Clarification requests sent after this date shall not be entertained.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.