The Centre for Criminology, Criminal Justice and Victimology is offering a four-week intensive internship program to undergraduate law students from various recognized law universities across the country.
About the Centre
Keeping in view the broad policy of RGNUL to promote research in the field of law, the Centre for Criminology, Criminal Justice and Victimology (CCV) has been purposefully established under the able leadership of Prof. (Dr.) G.S. Bajpai, Vice-Chancellor, RGNUL, to provide critical and necessitated focus towards fostering the objective of carrying fundamental and applied research on the evolving aspects of transformative criminal justice system including the dimensions of victimology and criminology as particular areas of interest.
The Centre understands and caters the progressive and dynamic nature of the developing criminal jurisprudence in India and across the world and therefore, firmly intends to conceptualize pro-victim research, training, policy analysis and consultancy with specifically prioritizing the aspect of interdisciplinary approach while fulfilling the desired goals.
The Centre is uniquely determined to examine, express, elucidate and expedite the systematic delivery and efficient redressal of the rights of the victim within the comprehensive criminal justice system in India so as to mitigate the hardships faced by the victims.
About the Internship
The program is open for application from students enrolled in 2nd-5th years in the five-year integrated course and 2nd -3rd year in the three-year LLB course.
The intern will be expected to undergo extensive research during the period of internship. The intern shall also be required to work on different articles and research papers and may assist the Centre in its day-to-day functioning.
Punctuality and sincerity is the sine qua non for this internship and therefore, it is expected that the intern shall diligently take up the tasks allotted to them.
The internship will be for a minimum of four weeks and may extend on the request of the intern only after the approval of the internship coordinator. The internship will function on a remote working policy until the RGNUL Campus physically reopens.
Number of Vacancies
The selection for the internship shall be conducted over the successful completion of a three-step process.
- In the first stage of the process, the candidate is required to submit its Curriculum Vitae (CV) and an Expression of Interest (EOI) as to why they wish to intern with the Centre. The same has to be mailed to email@example.com. The CV and EOI should be in pdf format.
- After selection and longlisting as per the first stage, the candidates will be required to fill in a formal questionnaire where each candidate shall be given two situation-based questions and the candidate shall be expected to answer them in 200 words each. The questions will aim to assess their writing skills and application of the law.
- The third and final stage shall be an interview round of those candidates who are selected after the second stage. Under this round, the candidates shall be assessed on their preliminary knowledge of the concerned discipline, their presence of mind as well as enthusiasm and interest to work with the CCV.
Acknowledgement of Application
- The candidates applying for the month of October 2021 have to submit their required documents by the 10th of September. No entries will be accepted after this date.
- The CCV shall revert to the candidates by the 15th of September with the list of candidates who are selected for the second round as per the application process.
- Further communication and information shall be conducted with the candidates through e-mail or any other electronic platform.
- A certificate of completion of internship shall be provided to each intern who successfully completes a four-week internship.
- Letter of appreciation shall also be provided to only those interns who have performed with excellence.
- There shall be no stipend provided to any intern.
Feel free to drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sahajveer Baweja: 8949059106
Aastha Singh: 9971585450
Disclaimer: Internship experiences are opinions shared by individual law students and tend to be personal and subjective in nature. The internship experiences shared on Lawctopus are NOT Lawctopus' official views on the internship.