About the Institution
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law is a National Law University located in Patiala, Punjab, India. It was established in 2006 by the Punjab Government as a university dedicated to the field of Legal Education. The first vice-chancellor of the University was Gurjit Singh.
The Editorial Board of the RGNUL Financial and Mercantile Law Review (RFMLR) invites blog posts from legal practitioners, academicians, research fellows, undergraduate students, postgraduate students, etc, for RFMLR Sidebar.
About the Review
RGNUL Financial and Mercantile Law Review was set up as an academic initiative to promote research and debate in areas of financial and economic law. The review looks to understand the legal paradigm prevalent in India and South East Asia and how it affects finance and other cross border mercantile activities. The journal aims at giving the opportunity to legal academia, research scholars, legal practitioners and students to publish work that is at the cutting edge of doctrinal, theoretical, and empirical research. Recently, the Review was adjudged as the 9th most-accessed Law Review in the country, by SCC Online.
About the Corporate Governance series
RFMLR is initiating a discourse on Corporate Governance through the medium of blogs. The aim is to analyze the theme vis-à-vis recent and projected policy changes. A few suggested (not exhaustive) sub-themes are:
- Corporate Governance and Public Sector Banks
- The Infosys Turmoil
- Corporate Governance in Core Investment Companies
- Diversity on Corporate Boards
- Profitability and Corporate Governance
- The co-authorship is limited to a maximum of two authors.
- All submissions must be in Times New Roman, font size 12 and Spacing 1.5.
- Submission should contain endnotes instead of footnotes. All endnotes shall be in Times New Roman, font size 10 and single-spaced.
- Word Limit for each submission is between 1000 to 1300 words (exclusive of Endnotes).
- The submission should be accompanied with a cover letter specifying the author’s name, designation, institute, contact number and Email for future reference.
- All entries should be submitted in .doc or .docx format.
- All selected entries will be published on the RFMLR Sidebar here.
- A certificate of appreciation will be given to authors who have a minimum of 3 entries published on the sidebar.
- The entries must be original, unpublished and an outcome of the author’s own efforts. The plagiarism limit is 12%.
- The authors by submitting their entry would be deemed to have divested the copyright to RFMLR. However, all moral rights shall remain with the author(s).
The Bluebook, A Uniform System of Citation (20th Ed.) is to be followed for citation. All footnotes must be in Times New Roman, font size 10, single-spacing and justified text.
Blogs are also invited on topics other than Corporate Governance, provided they fall within the contours of Financial and Mercantile Law.
The blogs are invited on a rolling basis. All submissions must be e-mailed to rfmlr[at]rgnul.ac.in with the subject “Blog Submission for RFMLR Sidebar”.
For any queries, please contact the Editorial Board at rfmlr[at]rgnul.ac.in.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.