About the Review
RGNUL Financial and Mercantile Law Review was set up as an academic initiative to promote research and debate in areas of financial and economic law. The review looks to understand the legal paradigm prevalent in India and abroad and how it affects finance and other cross border mercantile activities.
The journal aims at giving the opportunity to legal academia, research scholars, legal practitioners and students to publish work that is at the cutting edge of doctrinal, theoretical and empirical research.
The Editorial Board of RGNUL Financial and Mercantile Law Review (RFMLR) is pleased to invite submission for its 2nd Issue of its Volume 6.
The upcoming issue of RGNUL Financial and Mercantile Law Review, i.e., Volume VI Issue II, is going to be a special edition on the broad theme of ‘Transnational Aspects of Financial and Mercantile Laws’
Through this edition, an attempt is made to create discourse on the emerging trends within the broader theme. Papers are invited dealing with one of the laws exclusively or mutually.
- Scope and Efficacy of Double Taxation Avoidance Agreements;
- Jurisdictional Issues With Cross-border M&A;
- Special investment vehicles vis-à-vis global tax regime;
- Geo-political risks for the International Economy: NAFTA & Brexit;
- Cross Border Data Protection and E-commerce;
- Bilateral Investment Treaties, Political Risk and Foreign Direct Investment;
- Transnational Corporations and the Global Environment.
However, this list is not exhaustive and the authors are free to choose a different sub-theme as long as it comes within the ambit of the main theme, i.e. Transnational Aspects of Financial and Mercantile Laws.
Guidelines for Submission
- Articles (4000-6000 words);
- Short Notes: 2,000 – 4,000 words;
- Case/Legislative Comments: 2,500 – 4,500 words; and
- Abstract: 200 – 300 words.
- The title of the research paper should be appropriate;
- The research paper should be original and unpublished work;
- The paper should not be plagiarized. Plagiarism limit of 12% should be strictly adhered to;
- All manuscripts must be submitted in English;
- Submissions should be emailed at rfmlr[at]rgnul.ac.in with the subject, “Submission for RFMLR 6.2”
- The submitted manuscript should not have been submitted elsewhere;
- The Entry must be typewritten. Font: Times New Roman, font size 12, line spacing 1.5 and justified alignment;
- The Citations must be typewritten in the font Times New Roman, font size 10, line spacing 1.0 and justified alignment;
- Margins: 1 inch on all sides.
- The word limits specified above are exclusive of footnotes.
- An abstract should be included with the submission;
- Co-authorship is allowed subject to a maximum of two. Full names and contact details of all the authors must be given;
- Each author must be allowed to submit a maximum of 1 submission. In case of multiple submissions by 1 author, the 2nd and subsequent entries would be disregarded.
The manuscript should be accompanied with a covering letter specifying the author’s name, designation, institute, contact number and e-mail for future reference.
The author(s) bear sole responsibility for the accuracy of facts, opinions or view stated in the submitted Manuscript. In case of any gross plagiarism found in the contents of the submitted manuscript, the Manuscript shall be subject to rejection.
The Bluebook, A Uniform System of Citation (20th Ed.). All footnotes must be in Times New Roman, size 10, single-spacing and justified.
The submission deadline is April 30, 2019.
Submissions should be emailed to us at rfmlr[at]rgnul.ac.in with the subject, Submission for RFMLR 6.2”, with the Manuscript and an accompanying cover letter mentioning the details of the authors, such as names, address, email address, phone number, etc.
All articles, case notes and commentaries published in the law review are subjected to a double-blind peer review process. It is imperative that contributors stick to deadlines.
We welcome submissions from students, academicians, researchers and legal practitioners, to come up with their contributions in the form of articles, essays, short notes, case comments, legislative comments and book reviews.
The website link is here.
The official poster is here.