Centre for Criminology, Criminal Justice and Victimology, RGNUL is opening job posts of Field Investigators.
About the Centre
The Centre for Criminology, Criminal Justice and Victimology (CCV) has been established at RGNUL with the aim to contribute towards the fundamental and applied research and action in the field of Criminology, Criminal Law, Criminal Justice, Victim Justice, and Victimology. The Centre is executing the Project.
About the Project
Status of Radicalization in India: An Exploratory Study of Prevention and Remedies” (sanctioned by the Bureau of Police Research & Development, M.H.A., New Delhi)
In the seven decades since its independence, India has faced and countered extremism emanating from several quarters – left-wing communist insurgencies, strategic terrorism emerging from neighbouring countries, right-wing religious extremism, and violent separatist movements.
In the face of such opposition, the response of our nation-state has been strong-handed and resilient, thoroughly ensuring that our constitutional and social fabric remains intact. The problem of radicalization, however, doesn’t end here, and threats from various quarters remain ever-present.
There is an emerging global discourse, which seeks to answer the question of “why does an individual get radicalized” and a corollary question of – “How can the same be prevented.” Any endeavours to answer these questions in the Indian context requires a systematic and in-depth examination of the past and present political, socio-economic, socio-legal and psycho-social realities.
It is this examination that the proposed study seeks to undertake. The Bureau of Police Research and Development
(BPR&D), The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) is the funding agency for this Project. The study aims at understanding the processes of radicalization, de-radicalization and related measures with the help of empirical evidence.
About the Job Posts
RGNUL is looking to engage 2 (two) part-time Field Investigators for this Project, who have the skills and experience of working on challenging issues and are also ready to carry out extensive fieldwork in this regard.
- Remuneration shall be proportionate to the qualification and experience of the candidate.
- Travel expenditure incurred for fieldwork shall be paid additionally on an actual basis.
Duration of Assignment
The duration of the assignment shall be for a minimum period of two weeks but may be extended as per the requirements of the Project.
Eligibility and Criteria for Selection
- Must be a Graduate. Preference will be given to the candidate with a background in Law and allied areas.
- Those with previous experience in fieldwork in academic projects will be given preference.
- Excellent Communication and Drafting skills.
- Sound knowledge of empirical research.
- Applicants must be based out of Mumbai or Pune and well conversant with Marathi in addition to Hindi and English.
- The candidates shall be required to carry out the fieldwork and collate the primary data from the field. The candidate should be willing to visit the places in the State of Maharashtra as and when identified.
- The fieldwork shall involve primary data collection from respondents.
- Coding and Analysis of the data collected.
- Additionally, the candidates may be asked to be involved with other activities of the Project/Centre.
How to Apply?
All Applicants are required to apply by 23rd January 2022, 11.59 pm. Applications beyond this date and time will not be accepted.
The applicants are required to submit their CV, a Statement of Purpose and Motivation (maximum 500 words) and a writing sample (published/unpublished, sole authorship) to – firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Application for Field Investigator (Status of Radicalization in India: An Exploratory Study of Prevention and Remedies)’.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be called for an interview. Once selected, the candidates shall be informed of their selection via email.
- RGNUL, Punjab is an equal opportunity employer.
- RGNUL, Punjab reserves the right to not fill any positions.
- Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted and individual replies to applicants may not always be possible.
Please direct any queries to email@example.com.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.