About the Organisation
The National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-Sciences is a premier medical institution in Bengaluru, India. NIMHANS is the apex centre for mental health and neuroscience education in the country. It is an Institute of National Importance operates autonomously under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
Applications are invited from the eligible candidates, for filling up the post of Research Officer on Contract Basis in the Ministry of Women & Child Development funded project titled “National Initiative & Integrated Resource for Child Protection, Mental Health, and Psychosocial Care”, under Dr. Shekhar Seshadri, Senior Professor, Dept. of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Principal Investigator
Number of Vacancies
NIMHANS or Bangalore City, Karnataka
- Master’s Degree, in Social Work/Public Health/ Psychology or LLB.
- Knowledge and skills in quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- Strong English oral and written skills.
- Good working knowledge of oral Hindi.
- Evidence of written work and documentation in the area of child mental health and protection.
- Willingness to travel within the country.
Desired Knowledge and Skills
- Oral/ working knowledge of at least 1 (Indian) regional language.
- A deep commitment to children’s issues.
- Prior work/research in the area of child protection and mental health.
Rs. 35,000/- per month (Consolidated)
How to Apply?
Eligible candidates fulfilling all criteria may apply by sending the following two documents ONLY to by email to docshekharseshadri[at]gmail.com:
- A covering letter explaining eligibility for the position (in accordance with the essential criteria mentioned above).
- Please do NOT send degree certificates/testimonials or any other document at this stage.
- In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, all work and related travel will be in accordance with health advisories put out by the Government of India and/or State Governments.
Candidates who apply should invariably mention the Notification Number & Date, Position applied for; email ID, Contact Number & Postal Address, failing which the application will not be considered.
Eligible candidates will be shortlisted. The interview will be conducted via Video conference and the details will be communicated to the shortlisted candidates. The last date for receipt of applications is 7th July 2020. Applications received later will not be entertained.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.