UNDP India is inviting applications for a research internship in Sustainable Development and Poverty Reduction, in Delhi.
About the Organization
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations’ global development network. They advocate for change and connect countries to knowledge, experience, and resources to help people build a better life for themselves. They provide expert advice, training, and grant support to developing countries, with the increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries. They promote technical and investment cooperation among nations
About the Opportunity
UNDP India is calling for applications for a research internship in Sustainable Development and Poverty Reduction. The selected intern will work under the overall guidance and supervision of the Head, Inclusive Growth.
The internship will start on 1st April 2021.
Click here to know more about the opportunity.
A minimum of 6 weeks and a maximum of 6 months
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Head, Inclusive Growth, the intern/s will have the responsibility for the following activities:
- Conduct supervised secondary research on specific topics in the area of skills, entrepreneurship, livelihoods, innovation, green economy including data analysis, collation, and representation
- Provide support in the writing of project-related documents (concept notes, proposals, etc.), and synthesize documents and other relevant knowledge products;
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations, visual representations, infographics as required;
- Assist in the organization of webinars/conferences/events/forums
- Proofreading and editing of reports, books, booklets, or any other type of publications/communications material.
- Ensure effective and efficient provision of services, full confidentiality in all aspects of the assignment, management of information flow, and follow-up on deadlines and commitments made;
- Support the team with other relevant tasks.
Required Skills and Experience
Applicants to the UNDP internship program must have a University degree in a relevant field of expertise (e.g. Social sciences, Statistics, Economics, or a relevant stream)
- Experience in data collection and analysis in the field of social or economic development fields;
- Outstanding command in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as handling web-based applications such as Canva.
- Basic knowledge of data analysis and secondary research tools.
- Basic understanding of issues pertaining to the development sector, skilling ecosystem/ enterprise development, value chain development
- Knowledge of gender issues, gaps in skilling, and employment/enterprise development will be an added advantage
- Language Requirements: Fluency in English and Hindi
How to Apply?
The application should contain the following:
- The completed “Internship Intern Form” available on the UNDP India website at Internship Intern Form should be completed along with a current and detailed Resume.
- Please group the above two documents into one (1) single PDF document and upload the document.
Candidates who are selected must submit the following documents, upon selection: :
- An official letter from the University confirming enrollment in their undergraduate or graduate-level degree program;
- Proof of medical and life/accident insurance valid for the location in which the internship will be carried out.
- Selected interns must have medical and life insurance.
More such Internships and Small Projects that you might be interested in
- Summer Research Internship Opportunity with Microsoft, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Internship Opportunity for UNESCAP [Economic Affairs at Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific], Delhi: Apply by Mar 30
- Program & Research Internship Opportunity with Carnegie India, Delhi: Apply by Mar 23
- Internship Opportunity at BCG [Boston Consulting Group]: Apply Now!
Disclaimer: Internship experiences are opinions shared by individual law students and tend to be personal and subjective in nature. The internship experiences shared on Lawctopus are NOT Lawctopus' official views on the internship.