About Vidhi Centre
The Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy is an independent think tank doing legal research and assisting the government in making better laws. Vidhi is committed to producing legal research of the highest standard with the aim of informing public debate and contributing to improved governance.
Vidhi works with Ministries of the Government of India and State Governments, as well as other public institutions, providing research and drafting support at various stages of law-making.
About the Job Post
Vidhi invites applications for the posts of part-time Research Assistants for its New Delhi Office.
The Research Assistants will work on a project with the Vidhi Aid Initiative, and will be expected to:
- Contribute for 2-3 hours daily and check in with the office, once a week.
- Empirically analyze environmental law judgments of the Supreme Court between 1980-2018.
- Create an exhaustive database of environmental law judgments in the given period.
- Pursuing an undergraduate and/or postgraduate degree in Law.
- Demonstrated interest in environmental law.
- Having covered ‘Legal Methods’ as part of your course.
- Good research and writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Based in New Delhi All Research Assistants will be engaged in this role for a duration of 3 months and will be paid a stipend of INR 5,000/- per month.
How to apply?
Interested candidates should send the following documents to careers[at]vidhilegalpolicy.in.
- A recently updated CV of not more than 2 pages.
- A statement of purpose of not more than 200 words
- A writing sample of not more than 1000 words.
The deadline to submit applications is 23rd October 2019.
Queries may be sent only through e-mail, addressed to careers[at]vidhilegalpolicy.in. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
🔔 Never miss an opportunity again. Get the emails you want in your inbox.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.