About IT for Change
IT for Change is an NGO based in Bengaluru, India. IT for Change aims for a society in which digital technologies contribute to human rights, social justice and equity.
They work in the areas of education, gender, governance, digital economy and internet/digital policies push the boundaries of existing vocabulary and practice, exploring new development and social change frameworks for the digital.
They have been at the forefront of conceptual, research and policy work in India and internationally, working from the standpoint of an equitable, people-centric information society.
About the Job
Title: Research Assistant
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka
- How are global trade negotiations shaping the rules for the digital economy?
- What are the major regulatory challenges in governing Big Tech?
- What are the key concerns for women’s rights in the Internet-mediated world?
- How are digital technologies reconfiguring working conditions for 21st-century labour markets?
They are looking to recruit a team member interested in research and advocacy efforts around these questions.
The research position entails co-leading Bot Populi, the recently launched online magazine on digital justice. The magazine brings synergies to analysis and research and that of the partners and collaborators working for an equitable and democratic digital society the world over.
The incoming team member will work broadly on digital rights and justice, including themes such as platform governance, women’s rights in the digital context, data governance regimes and labour rights in the digital economy.
Who should apply?
They are looking for a candidate who is passionate about digital and data rights and development justice. The profile involves creating and curating content for Bot Populi, working on the ongoing research projects, supporting networking and advocacy efforts, and assisting the production of in-house publications.
The incoming team member must stay up-to-date with current developments in the domain, globally and in India, generating new ideas for strategic communications outreach and take charge of appropriate and impactful dissemination of organizational knowledge.
A commitment to teamwork, collaborative knowledge processes, organization building and the ability to take initiative and manage workflows pro-actively are pre-requisites for the role.
Candidates with a Masters degree in economics, law and public policy, media studies or allied inter-disciplinary education with experience of minimum 2 to 3 years and the following skills/aptitude should apply:
- Passion for research and advocacy on digital rights and global politics of development
- Excellent writing and verbal proficiency in English
- Aptitude for editing and curating content
- Some experience in working with graphic and design software
- Familiarity with WordPress and Mailchimp
- Videography skills
- Data journalism/storytelling experience
- Oral/written fluency in Kannada/ Hindi
- Experience with digital marketing and audience engagement strategies
- Experience with content production, writing and publishing
How to apply?
Interested candidates should apply to jobs[at]itforchange.net with a CV and a writing sample/portfolio. Remuneration will be commensurate with prior experience and qualifications.