The Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defense Studies and Analyses (MP-IDSA) is looking to hire for the job post of Research Analyst, in Delhi.
About the Organization
The Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defense Studies and Analyses (MP-IDSA), is a non-partisan, autonomous body dedicated to objective research and policy-relevant studies on all aspects of defense, security, and international relations. Its mission is to promote national and international security through the generation and dissemination of knowledge on defense and security-related issues. MP-IDSA was established as a registered society in New Delhi on November 11, 1965. Its mission is to provide objective assessments of issues relating to national and international security.
Overall Purpose and Role
- Professional individual with research skills and excellent communication skills, drawing upon knowledge gained from postgraduate research or professional experience (if applicable).
- Shall be associated with the respective Centre of the Institute and will contribute ideas for the enhancement of techniques or methodologies for research (at centre level) and be expected to take significant initiatives in its work, in consultation with the Centre Coordinator
The job profile inter-alia includes:
- Preparing databases
- Writing a Book review and/ or web commentary once in three months for the MP-IDSA Website (four in a year)
- Will be encouraged to write a research paper/ journal article once a year unless handled significant institutional responsibilities
- Participate in the capacity building activities like writing/research workshops, language training, etc.
- Work as part of a project undertaken (at any time by the Centre) and/ or assist Centre members on specific papers and compile monthly activity report
- Providing research support for the Centre which may involve data mining by scanning journals and new arrivals in the library to provide a bibliography of the various articles/books relating to the subject matter concerned
- Writing event reports of fellow’s seminars, roundtables, seminars, workshops, etc. held at the Institute
- Provide administrative support for organizing roundtables, workshops, seminars, conferences, meetings under the aegis of the Centre, getting in touch over telephone and email with invitees (chairs, discussants, participants) under the supervision of the Centre Coordinator, coordinating with the conference call to arrange transport, refreshments, lunch, etc.
- Assisting with major events organized by the Institute like the Asian Security Conference, South Asia
- Conference, Foundation Day, etc. every year.
- Master’s Degree with a first class in Social Sciences and allied fields such as public policy, international relations, strategic affairs, development studies is essential
- Preference shall be given to candidates who have a background in the respective fields and have completed M.Phil. or Ph.D. in the desired area
- Research experience in a think tank and published papers in respective area of research matters
- Age Limit: Not More than 35 years as on 1 January 2021
Skills and Interest
- Keen interest in analysing current national and international affairs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to attend to detail
- Work under strict deadlines
- Flair for teamwork
How to Apply?
- Interested candidates may send in their documents, along with the attached form, by e-mail with the subject titled “Application for the Position of Research Analyst – (Mention Name of the Centre), MP-IDSA” to the HR Cell at hr.idsa[at]nic.in
- Alternatively, hard copy of the application in prescribed format with the envelope clearly titled “Application for the Position of Research Analyst – (Mention Name of the Centre), MP-IDSA” can also be sent to:
Human Resource Cell
Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (MP-IDSA), 1, Development Enclave, Rao Tula Ram Marg, Delhi Cantt., New Delhi-110010
- Covering Letter (Please mention the name of the category under which applying)
- Prescribed Form (As attached): Applications received without the duly filled form may not be accepted.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Purpose (1,000 words)
- Two letters of References (at least one of them from an Academic Supervisor)
- Two Writing Samples
- EWS Candidates. For candidates who are applying under the EWS category should produce an ‘Income and Asset Certificate’ by a competent authority on a format prescribed by the Government of India. The certificate should be of the same Financial Year.
- A copy of the Caste Certificate issued by a competent authority as stipulated by the Government of India in the Central List in case of ST / OBC category
- Those applying under the OBC category reserved posts should also enclose a certificate of not belonging to ‘CREAMY LAYER’ signed by a competent authority
- PWD Candidates. With benchmark disability (as mentioned in Section 2 (r) of RPWD Act 2016) should produce a medical certificate in the prescribed format from the competent govt. authority as specified in the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
Last Date of Application
15 February 2021 by 5:00 PM
As per 7th CPC Pay Matrix Level 6 (Rs. 35,400 – 1,12,400)
More Job opportunities that you might be interested in
- JOB POST: Research Position [Legal] at IIFT [Indian Institute of Foreign Trade], Delhi: Apply by Feb 5
- JOB POST: Research Consultant at NLU-Delhi: Apply by Mar 30
- JOB POST: Empanelment of Legal Expert at WAPCOS Limited [GoI Undertaking], Gurgaon: Apply by Mar 31
- JOB POST: Legal Consultant at Justice Ventures International [JVI] Project, Kolkata: Applications Open