About Nirma University
Nirma University is a private university in Ahmedabad in the state of Gujarat, India. It functions under the aegis of the Nirma Education and Research Foundation. Nirma University is a statutory university established under a state act.
The Institute of Law, Nirma University is located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat and was established in the year 2007 with a vision to promote excellence in the field of legal education and to fulfil the ever-increasing demand for quality legal professionals for a growing legal world.
About the Conclave
The Regional GAJE Conclave on the “The Future of Justice Education in South Asia” is the inaugural edition of gathering the leader and education of South Asia engaged in the field of justice education.
The two-day conclave will take place at the Institute of Law, Nirma University in Ahmedabad, Gujarat on 8th and 9th November 2019.
This conclave seeks to bring together clinical practitioners and educators from across the South Asian region on a common platform through a series of panel discussions, interactive sessions and informal networking conversations.
Participants at the Regional Conclave will present their work at four-panel discussions spread across two days. Panel presenters will be required to submit a short essay draft (3000 – 5000 words) to the organisers by the stipulated date in October 2019.
Drafts will be circulated to all conclave participants, and panellists will also be encouraged to contribute final revised essays for a proposed edited volume on justice education in South Asia to be published in 2020.
- Theme 1: New Approaches and Initiatives in Clinical Legal Education
- Theme 2: Working with Communities
- Theme 3: Learning Outcomes and Justice Education
- Theme 4: Collaboration in Justice Education
Please note that the broad themes are not exhaustive, and we welcome interesting submissions on any issue pertaining to justice education in South Asia.
Call for Papers
- Applications to participate in the regional conclave need to be sent by email to rgajeconference[at]nirmauni.ac.in by the stipulated date. Applications should include a covering letter, a short statement relating to the need for a registration fee waiver/accommodation grant/ travel grant (if applicable), and an essay draft as an attachment. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applicants must be willing and able to participate for the entire duration of the 2-day conclave.
- Joint applications and essay authorship are permitted up to a maximum of two collaborators. At least one applicant must attend the conclave to present the work and participate in the sessions.
- The cover letter sent as part of the application should mention the Name of the Author(s), Professional Position/ Course/Year of Study (as applicable), Name of the Institution/College/University, Postal Address, Email Address and Contact Number.
- The Essay draft must not exceed a maximum of 5000 words (excluding footnotes/endnotes/annexure/reports etc.) and should be submitted as an email attachment in PDF and MS Word formats along with the application.
- The statement relating to the need for a registration fee waiver/accommodation grant/travel grant should indicate the specific circumstances of the applicant’s need for funding support, any past work done in the area of justice education, and possible alternate sources of funding support for participation in the conclave.
- Submission of Application 02.10.2019 (Wednesday)
- Intimation to Accepted Participants 09.10.2019 (Wednesday)
- Last Date for Confirmation of Participation 23.10.2019 (Wednesday)
Dr. Tarkesh Molia
Mr. Arpit Sharma
Ms. Toshit Godara: +91 9971230645
Mr. Lokesh Vyas: +91 8080450882
The website link is here.
The brochure is here.
For full details, click here.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.