Ideal Institute of Management and Technology (IIMT) is organizing Rakesh Aggarwal Memorial Online Debate Competition 2021 on ‘Cyber Surveillance for Governance’, to be held on September 22.
About the Institute
Ideal Institute of Management and Technology was established in the year 1999 under the auspices of New Millennium Education Society. The institute is affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi, and its professional courses in Law and Business Administration are recognized by Bar Council of India and Government of NCT, Delhi. Being a NAAC accredited institution, it melds state of the art infrastructure with quality in education as its paramount principle.
Activities held at the institute are a reflection of the resolve towards perfection instilled by the founding father Late Shri Rakesh Aggarwal whose vision was to develop the institute into a centre for excellence in professional education. The aim of the institute is to cultivate in its students high moral standards coupled with academic excellence to promote market oriented skill development and up-gradation that would help in serving the needs of the society.
From its advent, the Institution has acquired a credible position in the fields of Law, Business Administration, and Computer-Aided Management programmes. It has been nurturing pioneers and forerunners in these fields who have continually attained highly reputable careers as judicial officers, civil servants, advocates, academicians, managers, and professionals in the industries.
In pursuit of its mission to grow as an abode of all round excellence, the institute also disseminates a wide and varied array of publications ranging from journals to newsletters and magazines of repute.
About the Online National Debate Competition
Rakesh Aggarwal Memorial National Debate Competition is organized annually by Ideal Institute of Management and Technology on contemporary issues of legal significance. To add to the panache of this year’s event, we are delighted to inform you that Prof. (Dr.) Ranbir Singh (Founder & Former Vice-Chancellor, National Law University, Delhi, New Delhi & NALSAR, Hyderabad) has gracefully consented to be the Chief Guest of the programme.
The competition aims to provide a platform to students from various institutions to come together and voice their opinions while augmenting their oratory skills along with their legal rationale. It also sets forth an unparalleled opportunity for students to engage in insightful and real-time dialogue on topics of contemporary significance.
With an exponential rise in developments in the field of Law, preparation for any competition cannot be confined to an isolated theoretical understanding of text. A holistic and comprehensive conceptual understanding is an intrinsic component towards preparation for the future. This one day online national debate is specifically designed to cater to the current needs of problem-based learning and provides a forum to the students to develop skills like argument framing, logical thinking, mental agility, and immaculate oration.
The Debate competition will be conducted online on September 22, 2021, through Cisco WebEx platform.
Cyber Surveillance for Governance: A Necessity or a Threat?
- Candidates need to be enrolled in a graduate professional programme to be eligible for participation
- Each team shall comprise two participants with one speaking for and the other against the motion.
Timing and Language
- Each participant shall be allotted a maximum of 5 minutes to speak (4 minutes for constructive speech and 1 minute for rebuttal)
- Exceeding the time limit shall prejudice the team’s overall score
- Participants can choose the medium for the debate as English Hindi. Switching the chosen language is strictly prohibited.
- The participants will be judged by a panel of judges on the basis of Matter, Manner and Method.
- The decision of the judges shall be final and indisputable
- The debate shall be conducted through online mode
- The Debate Organizing Committee reserves the right to alter the rules/regulations at any point which shall be binding there forth.
- E-Certificates shall be sent to the winners and participants on their registered Email ids
- All participants are required to follow the steps given below:
- Download Cisco WebEx App
- Join the WebEx Link 10 minutes prior to the scheduled time
- Mute their microphones and turn off their videos at all times until it’s their turn to speak
- Refrain from speaking to the audience or other teams except at the times specifically allocated to them
- Refrain from sharing screen during the programme
- Refrain from continuous reading from a paper electronic device. Such an act shall automatically disqualify the participant
- Ensure optimal internet connectivity for an enriched learning experience
- Winning Team: Rs. 3000/-
- Runner Up Team: Rs. 2000/-
- Best Speaker: Rs. 3000/-
- Runner Up Speaker: Rs. 2000/-
- 2nd Runner Up Speaker: Rs. 1000/-
- Participants need to submit the Online Registration Form along with the registration Fees of Rs 500 per team through the prescribed mode latest by September 10, 2021. The confirmation for the same needs to be retained.
- Participants are requested to register for the debate through the link given at the end of this post.
- Last date of registration: September 10th, 2021
- Registration Fee: Rs. 500/-
- Registration fee must be paid through Paytm or through Online Link
Paytm Link: https://m.paytm.me/iimtnr_we OR
Online Link: https://eps.eshiksa.net/DirectFeesv3/IIMTLaw
Program Code: National Debate 2021
Institutional Area: Ideal Institute of Management and Technology (School of Law)
Please Note that receipt of payment should be attached with the online registration form.
Ms. Mitali Srivastava: +91 9711218993
- Dakshta Kapoor: +91 9315621535
- Tanya Gupta: +91 9811483138
- Deepanshu Kaushik: +91 99118 00139
- Sejal Nanda: +91 81785 76240