Ideal Institute of Management and Technology & School of Law is organising the Rakesh Aggarwal Memorial National Moot Court Competition, 2014 on March 29 and 30, 2014.
DATE AND VENUE
The Competition shall be held on 29th and 30th March, 2014 (Saturday & Sunday) at Ideal Institute of Management and Technology & School of Law.
The participants have to report at Ideal Institute of Management and Technology & School of Law, (G.G.S. Indraprastha University) 16-X, Karkardooma Institutional Area, Delhi – 110092.
The competition is structured as per the following format:
(1) Preliminary Round
(2) Semi Final Round
(3) Final Round
1. Participating teams should register themselves by sending duly filled registration form along with registration fee and memorials by email to email@example.com and by post to Ideal Institute of Management and Technology & School of Law, 16-X, Karkardooma Institutional Area, Delhi-110092 before 20th March, 2014.
2. Acknowledgment of the same shall be sent by the Moot Court Committee till 22th March, 2014. The confirmation of the teams will be intimated by Memorial Evaluation Committee till 25th March, 2014.
3. Teams will be formally registered upon arrival at IIMT & School of Law campus on 29th March, 2014 in the morning at 09:00 AM. Formal Registration requires the submission of a duly filled-in Registration Form, the scanned copy of which is required to be sent and payment of the registration fee of Rs. 600/- per team. The details provided for formal registration will be final for the purposes of certification of participation and awards.
4. Once registered, the registration fee will neither be refunded nor waived.
1. Winning Team Award : Trophy and a cash prize of Rs. 5100/- .
2. Runners-Up Team Award : Trophy and cash prize of Rs. 3100/-.
3. The Best Mooter : Cash price of Rs. 1100/-.
4. The Best Memorial : Cash price of Rs. 1100/-.
5. The Best Researcher : Cash prize of Rs. 1100/-.
6. Certificates will be provided to the team with the Second Best Memorial, Second Best Mooter and Second Best Researcher. In addition to the above, Certificate of Participation and Mementos will be awarded to all the participants.
1. The competition shall be held in English language only.
2. Dress Code: Ladies: Dark coloured salwar or trouser, white coloured kurta or shirt/ suit (black) Gentlemen: White shirt with tie and dark coloured trouser / suit (black).
3. The mooter shall not state their names during the oral rounds and they must use the team Code. All team members must refrain from disclosing the identity of their institution at any time and in any manner during the entire competition. Non-compliance with this Rule will result in immediate disqualification of the team. The decision of the Organizing Committee in this regard shall be final and binding.
4. The decision of the judges with regard to the outcome of all the rounds shall be final and binding.
5. All clarifications regarding the Moot Problem should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. The organizing Committee shall have sole discretion to assess penalties or to disqualify teams for any failure in abiding by any of the foregoing Rules.
7. The organizing Committee shall have sole discretion to make all necessary interpretations of these Rules. All decisions of the Committee regarding Rules interpretations are final.
8. The organizing Committee shall have sole power to resolve any dispute, which may arise during the Competition.
9. No TA or accommodation shall be provided by the Institute. However the Institute will assist in getting the accommodation to the interested participants.
You can access the Invitation for the Competition HERE.
Please access the Miscellaneous Rules and Registration Form HERE.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.