First published on 22nd August, 2016.
Results: Rakesh Aggarwal Memorial National Debate Competition 2016
22nd September, 2016
Ideal Institute of Management and Technology and School of Law, GGSIP University, Delhi
Rakesh Aggarwal Memorial Trophy for the Winning team
Rakesh Aggarwal Memorial Trophy for Runners- up team
First Best Speaker – Rs. 5100/-
Second Best Speaker – Rs. 3100/-
Third Best Speaker – Rs. 2100/-
Two Consolation Prizes – Rs. 1100/- each.
Memento & Certificate for participation will be given to all the participants.
Rules for Debate
A team of two candidates from each University/institute /college having LL.B. and the B.A. LL.B. course shall be eligible to participate – (one for the motion and one against the motion.)
The duly attested Registration Form by the concerned authority of the University/Institute/College in favour of the team is mandatory.
1. Each speaker will get five (4+1), minutes in total for debate and there will be one interjection. Exceeding the time limit shall be a disadvantage for the team and the candidate.
2. The teams are free to use either medium Hindi or English exclusively.
3. The Institute shall not provide boarding and lodging to the participants. However, due assistance may be provided in arranging the same, if sought for.
4. Each team must register with the Organizing Committee of National Law Debate by sending the completed duly attested Registration Form along with the required Cash payment/Demand Draft of Rs. 1000/- in favour of Ideal Institute of Management and Technology (School of Law), payable at New Delhi by 10th September, 2016.
5. The confirmation will be given to the team within two days of receiving duly attested Registration Form along with the Registration fees.
6. The judgment of the jury shall be final and binding.
7. The Debate Organizing Committee may alter/change the rules and regulations, at any point of time and the same shall be binding on the participants.
All the correspondence for any query, information or clarification in respect of debate competition and rules & regulation should be addressed to the following:
Dr. Hemlata Sharma (+919811844877)
Dr. Yogesh Kumar Gupta (+919711672517)
Mr. Jasdeep Singh Ahuja (+919555694998)
Mr. Kunal Khanna (+919999172349)
Mr. Arijit Sarkar (+918860402336)
Ms. Prachi Sharma (+919643547427)