About Vidhi Centre
The Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy is an independent think tank doing legal research and assisting the government in making better laws. Vidhi is committed to producing legal research of the highest standard with the aim of informing public debate and contributing to improved governance.
Vidhi works with Ministries of the Government of India and State Governments, as well as other public institutions, providing research and drafting support at various stages of law-making.
About the Job Post
Vidhi invites applications for the post of 2 Project Fellows for its New Delhi Office.
The Project Fellow will work on projects at the intersection of law and technology for three ongoing projects:
- Platform Governance Project on Digitisation of News
- The FARE [Freedoms, Accountability, Rights, and Ethics] Project on Artificial Intelligence
- Economic value add to the sharing economy
They will be expected to:
- Research on both Indian and comparative legal perspectives in the following broad themes—information technology laws, law and economics, and platform governance.
- Coordinate and attend meetings with government officials and other stakeholders.
- Prepare reports, research notes and presentations.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- A graduate or postgraduate degree in Law.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience (LLM will be counted as one year of work experience).
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrable interest in issues at the intersection of law and technology.
- Applicants who meet the following requirements will be preferred.
- Prior experience in law and technology research, advisory or practice.
- More than 5 years of work experience.
- A postgraduate degree in law.
This is a full-time position based out of New Delhi. Selected candidates will be engaged for a duration of 8 months.
Salary will be commensurate to the level of skills and experience.
How to apply?
To apply, click here.
The deadline to submit applications is 23rd October 2019.
Queries may be sent only through e-mail, addressed to careers[at]vidhilegalpolicy.in. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join 70,000 law students. Receive only the posts you want.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.