National United Nations Volunteers (NUNV) is looking to hire for the role of Program Analyst to work under the direct supervision of the Adolescent and Youth Specialist, in Delhi.
About the Organization
United Nations Volunteers (UNV) program is the UN organization that promotes volunteerism to support peace and development worldwide. Volunteerism can transform the pace and nature of development and it benefits both societies at large and the individual volunteer. UNV contributes to peace and development by advocating for volunteerism globally, encouraging partners to integrate volunteerism into development programming, and mobilizing volunteers.
Position: NUNV Programme Analyst – Adolescents and Youth
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the Programme and Technical Support Coordinator and the direct supervision of the Adolescent and Youth Specialist, the NUNV will perform the following tasks:
- Provide strategic, technical, and programmatic support for the development and implementation of innovative and effective strategies for the promotion of Adolescent and Youth development and civic engagement.
- Assist in promoting, advocating, and providing technical assistance to programs for availability and access to Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (ASRHR) services, Life skills education, and youth empowerment, with a special focus on vulnerable groups.
- Assist in analyzing bottlenecks at national and state levels to the delivery of ASRH information and services and suggest approaches to address challenges, applying to leave no one behind the approach.
- Provide support to the planning, implementation, and monitoring of ASRH work plans, in collaboration with implementing partners.
- Provide technical expertise to the formulation, review, implementation, and monitoring of ASRH policies, guidelines and protocols, and programs at national and state levels. Participate in the development and updating of guidelines, standards, tools, manuals, and approaches as required.
- Promote, advocate and participate in designing and implementing innovative programs for youth civic engagement and participation.
- Assist in gathering experience/information from various sources, including A&Y development and ASRH program sites and publications on civil engagement and ASRH issues, and assist in the production of program-related documentation.
- Participate in and contribute to existing coordination, technical working group, and joint program mechanisms on young people’s development.
Required Skills and Experience
- Masters’ level degree in Public Health, Sociology, Gender, International Development, or related disciplines
- At least two years of relevant professional work experience in program implementation and management
- Strong team skills including the ability to establish effective working relations with persons of different national and cultural backgrounds; ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan and those relevant to the team members
- Resourcefulness, efficiency in taking initiative, the maturity of judgment, tact
- Good analytical, organizing, and planning skills
- Good communication, emotional intelligence, and negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently and within culturally diverse teams
- Willingness to travel to project sites and other areas as needed
- The Volunteer Living Allowance (VLA) of Rs. 42,473.67 is provided monthly to cover housing, utilities, and normal cost of living expenses.
- Life, health, and permanent disability insurance are included (health insurance for up to 3 dependents), as well as final repatriation (if applicable) and resettlement allowance for satisfactory service.
Click here for more detailed, official information.
More such Job opportunities that you might be interested in
- JOB POST: Assistant Director (Legal) at NCDC [National Cooperative Development Corporation]: Apply by Apr 12
- JOB POST: Associate-Legal System Application Support Analyst at Morgan Stanley, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- JOB POST: Young Professionals [Legal] at Sports Authority of India (SAI): Apply by Mar 20
- JOB POST: Specialist [Women & Child Development] at Invest India, Delhi: Apply Now!