Netflix India is looking to hire a lawyer for the job post of Production and Clearance Analyst, for its office in Mumbai.
About Netflix India
Netflix is a streaming service that offers a wide variety of award-winning TV shows, movies, anime, documentaries, and more – on thousands of internet-connected devices.
Netflix’s India team – responsible for great television series like Sacred Games, Delhi Crime, Lust Stories and more.
About the Opportunity
As a member of the Intellectual Property team, the incumbent will support vital components of Netflix’s content production, and be an integral resource for Netflix’s business and creative teams. His/Her production clearance experience allows him/her to make fast decisions about production clearance for content with imperfect information.
A lawyer with PQE of 3 to 5 years preferably from the Media & Entertainment industry or a law firm background which specializes in M&E practice.
Skills, Competencies, and Experience Required
- Deep understanding of how the media and entertainment industry works in India
- Deep understanding of how content is developed and produced in India
- Thorough experience in legal clearance work for content produced in India
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously and fast-paced clearance activities with production personnel and licensors of production materials
- Reviewing and organizing a high-volume of research reports, license agreements and other clearance documents
- Preparing legal production clearance reports for our projects in collaboration with the IP counsels
- Experience in negotiating and drafting license agreements for a wide variety of third party materials used in content such as clips
- Working closely with the production houses’ legal teams on legal clearances and conducting production clearance meetings
- Good understanding of Indian Media & Entertainment law and its role in evaluating legal and production clearances risks in content
- Unparalleled organizational skills and unwavering attention to detail
- Demonstrate ability to drive efficiency and think strategically about production clearance
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to effectively work collaboratively and cross-functionally with people having diverse viewpoints and interests
- Curious and eager to tackle matters outside the area of expertise
- Sense of humour, love for innovation and an absolute obsession with content
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.