About the competition
There are various issues in the society covering various aspects of it. These issues involve different social and legal aspects of it. We come across many literatures i.e. articles, policy papers, commentaries, documentaries, short films etc. touching these issues. Most impactful out of these all is visual representation of an issue. Impact of this lasts for long in our memory compared to other mediums.
Looking at this, ProBono India launched a unique competition of making short film on Socio-Legal issues in year 2017. We received very good numbers of entries touching various contemporary issues in the society. We hope to receive wonderful piece of work in 3rd edition of the competition.
- Any person/organization/institutions etc. from India, foreign countries can participate in the competition.
- Film must cover Social and Legal aspects.
- Film must not be duration of more than 5 minutes.
- Film should carry originality i.e. contain on ground work. It should not be compilation of different clips from YouTube or any other sources.
- Film could be in any language. It must have English sub-title.
- Film should have not been submitted to anywhere.
- There should not be any copyright violation. Proper references to be cited at proper places.
- Film to be uploaded on YouTube with proper title and description of the film. Film must not be uploaded anywhere i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc. or communicated to anybody until result is announced. Violation of this guideline will lead to disqualification of entry. YouTube link is more convenient than DVD/CD submission as it can be shared easily with judges/panelist across the country.
How to submit
YouTube link to be sent to [email protected] along with filled in registration form.
Film to be submitted by April 30, 2019.
Results will be declared by May 20, 2019.
Certificates, Cash prizes & Mementos will be given to best three entries.
First Rank Rs. 6,000, Second Rank Rs. 4,000 & Third Rank Rs. 3,000.
In case of tie, entry will be sent to experts for further evaluation.
All entries will be given an e-certificate of participation for submission.
Dr. Kalpeshkumar L Gupta, Founder – ProBono India
C/397, Hariomnagar, G H B Pandesara, Surat 394 221, Gujarat, India
Mob. +91 99248 97691; E-mail :- [email protected]
For full details, view the brochure given here.
This post was first published on:
3 Jan 2019