The Asian Development Bank (ADB) is inviting applications for its Prevention and Compliance Internship. The opportunity is for the Anticorruption and Integrity department of ADB.
About ADB (Asian Development Bank)
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines. ADB’s mission is to reduce poverty and promote sustainable economic growth in the region. ADB’s main instruments for helping their developing member countries are policy dialogue, loans, equity investments, guarantees, grants, and technical assistance.
About the Internship Opportunity
ADB or the Asian Development Bank is looking for a passionate intern for its Office of Anticorruption and Integrity department.
The intern will be placed in the Prevention and Compliance Division, in its headquarters.
Topic of the Internship
Research and analysis on internal processes and other integrity review functions to enhance the Proactive Integrity Reviews (PIR)* Manual.
*Proactive Integrity Review (PIR), formerly known as Project Procurement-Related Review (PPRR), reports are intended to help executing agencies, implementing agencies, and ADB to identify and develop preventive measures to mitigate risks of fraud and corruption, improve project management, enhance project implementation, and replicate lessons learned for future projects.
Responsibilities of the Intern
The intern will:
- Understand and analyze the past and present workflows of proactive integrity reviews (PIR), special PIRs, follow-up reviews, and Integrity Risk Management Review (IRMR)
- Conduct research on industry best practices to identify processes, reports and templates used by similar integrity review or audit functions
- Perform a gap analysis to highlight areas for PIR Team enhancements for incorporation into the PIR Manual
- Duration: 8 weeks (with a possibility of extension)
- Starting Date: January 2022
Education Requirements: Currently enrolled in a Masters or PhD program in Law, Business Analytics, Accounting, Finance, or related audit fields.
Experience and Skills Required
- Strong analytical skills;
- Interest in the fields of compliance, anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism, customer due diligence, investigations, law, or related fields, will be favorably considered;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, including the ability to clearly and concisely prepare, present, discuss issues, findings, and recommendations.
- Demonstrated teamwork (works effectively with diverse colleagues in own unit and other divisions and departments).
- Demonstrated facilitation and knowledge sharing skills; builds networks with others for the effective communication and exchange of knowledge and ideas.
How to Apply?
Click on the link given at the end of this post to apply for this ADB Prevention and Compliance Internship.
Important: Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
- Essay* in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
- Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
- Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).
Wednesday, September 15, 2021 11:59 p.m. (11:59 PM Manila Time, 0800 GMT, 9:29 PM Indian Standard Time (IST))
ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines (or virtually, based on COVID-19 policies/restrictions)
Click here for the official information.
Disclaimer: Internship experiences are opinions shared by individual law students and tend to be personal and subjective in nature. The internship experiences shared on Lawctopus are NOT Lawctopus' official views on the internship.