Applications are invited for admission to the Ph.D. Program in Law at Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai.
- Master’s degree in Law with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-
- A relaxation of 5% in eligibility criteria will be granted to candidates from SC/ST/OBC
(Non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled persons.
- Candidates appearing in the final year of the qualifying examination are also eligible to
apply. (However, before the completion of the admission procedure, the original mark
sheet of the qualifying examination has to be produced to show that the candidate fulfills
the eligibility criteria.)
How to apply
- Application forms is available in the official notification given below.
- Filled-up application form along with the self-attested photocopies of the supporting
documents and a demand draft of Rs 2000/- in favour of Maharashtra National Law
University Mumbai, payable at Mumbai must reach the following address on or before
The Registrar, Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai,
2nd Floor, MTNL Building, Technology Street,
Hiranandani Gardens, Powai,
Mumbai, Maharashtra 400076
- The admission will be through an entrance test and a personal interview. The entrance test will be held at the University’s campus on Jan 13, 2019.
- UGC-NET/ JRF qualified candidates, will be exempted from appearing in the Ph.D.
Entrance Test (PAT) but will have to submit the research proposal and shall appear for
the Personal Interview.
- The entrance test will seek to judge the abilities of the candidates in the fields of Subject
Knowledge and Research Methodology. The subject knowledge specific questions will
be short-answer type, essay type as well as multiple-choice questions.
- Candidate short-listed on the basis of entrance test will be called for a presentation of
- Admission will be subject to the availability of vacancies and facilities in the area of research chosen by the candidate.
- Candidates are advised to go through the MNLU Mumbai Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
Regulations 2016 available on the website.
- Last date of receiving fully filled application form: Monday, 24th December 2018
- Ph. D. Admission Test (PAT): Sunday, 13th January 2018
- Result of PAT: Monday, 21st January 2018
- Submission of Research Proposal: Friday, 25th January 2018
- Research Proposal Presentation in front of Doctoral Research Committee: Sunday, 27th January 2018
- Declaration of Final Result: Tuesday, 28th January 2018
Tel: 022-25703187, 022-25703188
For official notification and application form, click here.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.