Applications are invited for the Pfizer – One Young World (OYW) Scholarship to attend OYW Summit 2021, Munich from 22 to 25 July.
Background of OYW Scholarship 2021?
While the COVID 19 pandemic has brought about a never-seen-before impact on our lives, it has also seen young people demonstrate their motivation and capacity to meet local and global health challenges. Whether by caring for patients on the frontlines, providing health awareness & education to their communities or supporting vulnerable populations, young leaders have been essential to the world’s response to this unprecedented crisis.
The Pfizer – One Young World Scholarship has been established to recognize the outstanding actions of young people to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on society.
The Scholarship 2021
- 50 scholars will receive digital access to the One Young World Summit 2021 from 22 – 25 July.
- In addition, scholars will join the One Young World Ambassador community, a network of 12,000+ changemakers in more than 190 countries.
This scholarship is intended for young leaders who have demonstrated impact in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic and advancing health education and access.
Who is it For?
This scholarship is intended for young leaders aged 18 – 30 who have demonstrated impact in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic and/or advancing health education and access.
Relevant impact includes:
- Providing healthcare to COVID-19 patients.
- Raising awareness of COVID-19 risks and contributing to community safety.
- Advocating for public policies which protect vulnerable populations and advance health equity.
- Digital solutions to enhance access to education and access to healthcare.
- Initiatives that combat the secondary impacts of the pandemic e.g. responding to increases in unemployment.
The scholarship welcomes applications from candidates from a variety of professional backgrounds including; healthcare practitioners, social entrepreneurs, entrepreneurs, charity leaders, academics, and community activists.
In addition to these criteria, successful candidates will demonstrate a willingness to engage with Pfizer professionals.
Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Digital access to the One Young World Summit 2021 from 22 to 25 July 2021.
- Membership of the One Young World Ambassador community.
- Participation in unique sessions including meetings with Pfizer executives.
How to Apply?
Apply through the link given at the end of this post.
Click here for the official page of Pfizer-OYW Scholarship 2021.
June 15, 2021
🔔 Never miss an opportunity again. Get the emails you want in your inbox.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.