Who protections inventions?
Patent Agents do.
How does one become a patent agent? By clearing the patent agent exam.
Join Lawctopus Law School, the law school you always wanted, online! Check courses.lawctopus.com
Interested to know more?
This online workshop will tell you the career prospects as a patent agent and how to clear the patent agent examination.
About the facilitator:
Nandini Comar is B.Tech and LLB Hons. from Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law, IIT Kharagpur.
She is a registered Indian Patent Agent (IN- PA 3575) and is currently working in the field of patents and intellectual property management.
Session 1 (Saturday, September 26, 5 pm-7 pm):
1. Eligibility for the patent agents exam
2. Job opportunities for patent agents
3. The exact pattern of the patent agent exam
4. Best ways to prepare for each segment
5. Useful resources
6. Biggest mistakes that the aspirants make
7. Best tips
8. Introduction to NoticeBard and Lawctopus’ Online Course on Patent Agent Examination
Session 2 (Sunday, September 27, 5 pm-7 pm):
1. Discussion on the patent agent exam 2018
2. Drafting tips for the exam
3. Tips on preparing for the viva
4. Tips on remembering the relevant section and rules
5. Revisiting some landmark judgments
6. More details on NoticeBard and Lawctopus’ Online Course on Patent Agent Examination
7. Question and answer session
Rs. 350 + 18% GST= Rs. 413
The fee is inclusive of both the sessions.
To register for the workshop and make the payment, please click here.
Note: Please note that those desirous of taking the Patent Agent Examination must hold a degree in science, technology, or engineering. Those who have done B.Sc and B. Tech LLB can be eligible.
The below table is via the
Mondaq article here is useful.
Must possess a degree in science, technology or engineering 1. Degree in science, technology or engineering not necessary
2. Degree in law is not required
2. Must have a degree in law
3. Must pass the Patent Agent Examination
3. Must be enrolled in any State Bar Council
1. Patent Prosecution
1. Patent litigation
2. Practices before the Controller
2. Practices before the court
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.