About the Organizer
Sahyog Trust is basically a humanistic pro-active organization, which believes in the holistic growth and all-round development of all sections of global humanity. Sahyog is engaged in several social and legal issues and has various units working under its banner such as HRLD and Lawyers for Earth Justice.
Asim Sarode & Associates (ASA) defends human and environmental rights by opposing violations, strengthening enforcement mechanisms, sensitizing the public and campaigning for constitutional and legal reforms and intervenes legally when there are violations.
About the Parliament
‘Parliament of Lawyers for Water Rights’ is being organized by Sahyog Trust and Asim Sarode & Associates in collaboration with Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth, and Legalnextt on the topic of “Domestic and International Perspective on Water Law”.
The Parliament aims to provide a platform for discussion on the existing rules of water law and various water legislations in the country and compare them with international law standpoints. The Parliament also aims to point out lacunae in existing in domestic law by comparing it with international law standpoints and to observe the binding value of water tribunals as far as water disputes are concerned.
This Parliament will provide an excellent opportunity for students and research scholars alike to keep abreast with recent developments in water law, raise awareness of practices that ameliorate the working of existing social and legal frameworks and help them for sharing their ideas and their opinion on the water management in India as well as on an international scale.
- International law on water
- Water laws and implementation and management of water resources
- Pollution and Journalism
Rules for the Parliament
- The parliament will begin with the selected paper presentations under each theme followed by a discussion on the theme which will be moderated by the chair.
- The paper presentations will run for half an hour and the followed discussion will be awarded another half an hour of time.
- Each theme will be given a total of one to one and a half hours of presentation and discussion.
- The chair will be regulating every session where all students will get an opportunity to present their paper content during discussion time.
- Participants will be notified as to whether their papers have been selected for presentation or for discussion.
- Every student will receive a certificate of participation irrespective of whether their papers have been selected for presentation or discussion.
- The 2 best submissions (Paper and Speaker) will receive prizes.
Important Notice: The papers submitted need to be ORIGINAL SUBMISSIONS which have not been published in any other forum. Any kind of plagiarism in the submissions made shall result in disqualification of the said submission.
All correspondence must be sent to this email id: contact[at]asimsarodeassociates.com. The paper must be accompanied with scanned copies of duly filled registration forms, Demand Draft details and the cover page, the details of which are mentioned in the abstract guidelines.
Best Speaker: Rs. 4000/-
2nd Best Speaker: 2500/-
Best Paper: Rs. 4000/-
2nd Best Paper: 2500/
- Submission of abstract: 8th September 2019
- Confirmation of Abstract: 10th September 2019
- Last date for submission of full papers: 15th September 2019
- Date of the conference: 21st September 2019
Registration and Application Details
The participants have to submit the registration forms along with the requisite fees for registration to the conference. The registration amount for different category of participants is indicated below
Payment by Demand Draft: Demand Draft drawn in favour of “SAHYOG”
Payment by RTGS
AXIS BANK LTD, PUNE (MH), PUNE, 411004.
A/C NO: 037010100543729
IFSC CODE: UTIB0000037
Participants will get confirmation of registration and payment afterwards via e-mail.
Nikita Banatwala: +91 9757214229
Maitreya Ghorpade: +91 7024102546
Advocate Parikrama Khot: +91 7774072200