The Society for Advancement of Criminal Justice (SACJ) at the National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS), Kolkata, is organizing a Panel Discussion on Legal Framework to Deal with Disinformation and Fake News, on June 5th.
About NUJS SACJ
The Society for Advancement of Criminal Justice (SACJ) is an academic society at NUJS which strives to bolster the discourse on criminal law and justice. By organising various events and competitions, the society provides a wide scope to all the students interested in criminal law and criminology to hone pursuant skills and develop better understanding and applicability.
About the Panel Discussion
The session is scheduled for 5th June 2021, at 3:30 PM. The theme of the session will be “Legal Framework to Deal with Disinformation and Fake News”.
Considering the utmost relevance of the theme in contemporary times, the organizers want more and more students and professionals interested in the topic to enrich themselves by attending the session.
Open session and anyone interested in the topic can attend the session by getting themselves registered at https://forms.gle/iSGbAj2dUpUbUt56A.
They can alternatively scan the QR code to access the registration form. It is mandatory to register in order to attend the event on Zoom.
About the Panelists
1.Yashwant Sinha: Vice Present AITC, Ex-Minister of Finance, Ex-Minister of External affairs, Ex- Bureaucrat, recipient of highest French civilian distinction of Officier de la Légion d’Honneur (Officer of the Legion of Honour).
2. Manish Tewari: Member of Parliament, Ex- Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting and an advocate by profession.
3. Paranjoy Guha Thakurta: A senior journalist, writer, and documentary filmmaker. He is also a guest faculty member at IIM Ahmedabad, Calcutta and Shillong, the University of Delhi, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Asian College of Journalism, and Jamia Millia Islamia.
4. Pratik Sinha: Co-founder of Alt news.
5. Shivam Shankar Singh: Author of ‘How to Win an Indian Election: What Political Parties Don’t Want You to Know’, Data Analyst, Campaign Consultant.
6. Ashish Goel: Advocate at the Supreme Court of India, alumnus NUJS & King’s College London, Former convenor of SACJ.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.