The Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Good Governance and Policy Analysis (AIGGPA) offers internship opportunity to students and recent pass-outs, at the centre in Bhopal.
The School of Good Governance and Policy Analysis (AIGGPA) was established by the Government of Madhya Pradesh in September 2007. To achieve wider objectives, the School of Good Governance and Policy Analysis was reconstituted as the “Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Good Governance and Policy Analysis” in October 2014. The institute is a registered society supported by the Government of Madhya Pradesh.
The Governing Body of the institute is chaired by the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh. The Executive Body is headed by the Director-General of the institute. The institute aims to develop into a knowledge hub with the purpose of
- facilitating a multi-disciplinary network of governance;
- recognising and promoting research for improvement in governance practices globally, while maintaining a focus on Madhya Pradesh.
Objectives of the Internship
- To expose and sensitise brilliant young minds to the working of public systems at the policy and implementation levels.
- To provide opportunities for young and budding professionals and researchers to apply themselves to real time design, implementation and evaluation of projects, programmes and schemes through the work presently on at the AIGGPA.
- To allow the interns, within the ambit of the work assigned to them, to come up with workable solutions which help further the cause of good governance in the public space.
Role and Responsibilities of the Intern
- The Principal Advisor shall assign work to the intern on one or more projects currently on and attach him to the team from the faculty and consultants assigned the responsibility for the project(s).
- His/her output shall be monitored.
- The intern will be required to submit a report and make a presentation atleast one week before the completion of his term on the work done during the internship before the Principal Advisor and members of the faculty, which may include the Director General.
- Copies of the same shall be forwarded by the Principal Advisor to the authority concerned, at the academic institution to which the intern belongs/ belonged.
- The Institute will have the Intellectual Property Rights on the data collected, findings and all other outcomes of the projects undertaken by the interns.
- The contribution made by the interns in such studies will be duly acknowledged. However, no part of the foregoing components would be used by intern elsewhere without prior written permission of the Institute.
Students pursuing courses at the postgraduate level at their parent institution of learning or passouts from such institutions during the two academic years prior to the year in which applications are invited*.
*Students perusing B.Tech/B.E/B.Arch/LLB in their third year of later of their courses can apply.
Duration of Internship
Minimum 2 to a maximum 6 months.
Stipend and Other Facilities
- A monthly compensation of Rs.10,000/- on completion of prescribed formalities and satisfactory output as per AIGGPA’s rules and procedures.
- They will also be eligible for train travel expenses from their place of study in India to Bhopal and back by AC 3 Tier by shortest route.
- Similar Travel costs for travel from port of entry in India to Bhopal will be payable to students from abroad.
- Shared Office space and access to ICT facilities will be available.
How to Apply?
Application and Post-Application Process
- Applications in prescribed format will be invited from established reputed institutions and list of selected interns will be displayed on the website of the Institute (www.aiggpa.mp.gov.in).
- A no objection certificate/reference from Dean/Head of the Department/Placement Coordinator of the institution where the student is pursuing/ was pursuing till completion his study will be required.
- Applications complete in all respect along with attachments will have to be addressed to Shri Gaurav Khare at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications by post or by hand shall not be entertained.
- A committee appointed by the Director General shall process the applications received to prepare a list of applicants found eligible for doing an internship at the AIGGPA.
- The committee may require the applicants to appear for an online interview.IV. Selected applicants will receive an offer of internship, under intimation to his/her academic institution.
- The intern within three days of reporting shall be required to sign a joining report and an undertaking on his/her role and responsibility as an intern at the AIGGPA.
- A copy of this will be appended to the application form blank to be issued by the institute.
Disclaimer: An internship at the AIGGPA is not an application or eligibility for employment at the AIGGPA. In case of an intern not adhering to or complying with the rules and regulations of the AIGGPA, the latter reserves the right to terminate it without the payment of any dues that would have accrued as per the scheme and its guidelines.
Note: Please download the application form from the official website. The link for the same has been given at the end of this post.
The intern will work at one of the Centres of the AIGGPA, under the overall supervision of its head, designated as the Principal Advisor.
On successful completion of the internship, the intern shall be issued a Certificate and a letter of reference by the Institute.