The Oxford Policy Fellowship provides high caliber, early-career legal and public policy advisors to ministries full time for two years, to build local capacity in the long term and provide immediate gap filling. Governments and Fellows participating in the Oxford Policy Fellowship become a part of a network of government practitioners across the African continent, and beyond.
The Fellowship is the start of an exciting new chapter in your career. It opens the door to a career with a range of international agencies, NGOs, development consultancies and governmental organizations.
The Oxford Policy Fellowship provides governments with a new kind of technical assistance. We place junior professionals in government ministries for two years, freeing up significant time and resources for senior officials. We are now starting the fifth year of the program, and welcome the opportunity to work with more government counterparts who see added value in such support.
Here are some examples of what Fellows do:
- Draft, review, and comment on contracts and Memoranda of Understanding
- Draft and review legislation and policy
- Coordinate and participate in negotiations
- Advice on legal and policy issues
- Carry out research
- Represent and present on behalf of their Ministry in various fora
- Coordinate and manage projects
- Carry out administrative tasks
- Facilitate capacity building initiatives
- The recruitment is open for applicants of all nationalities who are qualified lawyers.
- We are looking for applicants with excellent academic qualifications and depending on the specific post, a law degree, an LLM, a Master’s in Law, a Master’s in Public Policy, or a related field will be required.
- Applicants should have a number of years of relevant legal and/or policy work experience.
- Work or voluntary experience in low- and middle-income countries is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated interest in International Development is essential to become a Fellow.
How to Apply?
Applications are made by completing this form AND emailing the below-supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. The last date to apply is January 31, 2020.
To apply online, click here.
Phone Number: +44 (0)1865 207 300
Email ID: email@example.com