About Navrachana University
Navrachana University is a Private University established under the Gujarat Private University Act, 2009. The University has Five schools: School of Business and Law, School of Engineering and Technology, School of Liberal Studies and Education, School of Environmental Design and Architecture and School of Science.
What is Constitution Day?
Constitution Day (National Law Day), also known as Samvidhan Divas, is celebrated in India on 26 November every year to commemorate the adoption of the Constitution of India. On 26 November 1949, the Constituent Assembly of India adopted the Constitution of India, and it came into effect on 26 January 1950.
Government of India has declared 26th of November as ‘Constitution Day’ on 19th November 2015 by a gazette Notification. This Day was chosen to spread the importance of the constitution, spread the thoughts & ideas of the founding father of the Constitution- Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar.
About the Competition
Freedom of speech is our fundamental right under the constitution and hence we have the liberty to express our opinions freely. By its very nature, the democratic process spurs citizens to form opinions on a number of issues. Diversity of opinions, thoughts and expressions among the citizens is vital for a healthy democracy.
With the same motive in mind, School of Business and Law has organized an online Opinion Writing Competition for all the undergraduate law students on the occasion of Constitution Day. Our aim is to generate a thought process which in turn will create a reasoned opinion on the topic.
To register, click here.
‘One Nation, One Language’
- All undergraduate law students across the country can take part in the competition.
- All submissions must be original and unpublished.
- One author can send only one entry.
- The write-up should not exceed 2000 words.
- The content shall be written in Times New Roman with font size of 12 and line spacing shall be 1.5
- The write-up shall be in pdf form and it shall be attached with the registration form. The submission shall be made online only. The link for the details and registration is shared below.
- Participation for the competition is free of cost.
- The content shall be judged on the ground of novelty, reasoning, use of language and coherence.
- Last Date of submission of the write-up is 25th of December, 2019.
- The result will be announced on the 1st of January, 2020.
- First Prize: Rs. 1500/-
- Second Prize: Rs. 1000/-
- Third Prize: Rs. 500/-
- E-Certificates shall be given to all the participants.
All queries shall be sent to opinioncd26[at]gmail.com
- Shivani Kinniwadi: +91 7499925929
- Srushti Patwardhan: +91 9106619416
- Shruti Kulkarni: +91 8153055448
- Krupa Chauhan: +91 7574004999
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.