UPDATE: The deadline for registration is extended till Oct 10.
Diplomania, the International Relations Society invites the young scholars across different universities to come and present on their debate skills in Youth Conclave, 2018, JSIA’s first annual fest and win exciting cash prizes.
October 27, 2018 (Saturday)
O. P. Jindal Global University, Near Jagdishpur Village, Sonipat-Narela Road, Sonipat, Haryana, India – 131001
The debate aims to stimulate healthy discussion on global socio-economic-political issues of contemporary relevance.
The Competition is open to students of all colleges in Delhi.
Last Date of Registration:
October 10, 2018 (Wednesday)
Rs.1000 per member
Last date of the fee payment:
October 13, 2018
- Each side will comprise of up to three speakers (Assigned role: Opening Speech, Closing Speech and Q&A).
Note: Teams are free to choose the number of participants.
- Each round of the debate will consist of two teams – one for the motion and against the motion.
Note: The decision of which team shall speak for the motion and against will be decided on the basis of the toss of a coin.
- The first round of debate will be based on a pre-decided topic. The following rounds will be based on the themes which will be given half an hour prior to the commencement of the second and third round.
- First Round Topic: Is India a reluctant power?
- The upper limit on the number of participating teams is 8.
- Out of the total teams, top 4 teams will qualify from the first round for the second round.
- From the second round, the top 2 teams will qualify for the final round
- All rounds are knockout rounds.
The sequence of the speeches shall be as follows:
|Opening Speech (For the Motion)
|Opening Speech (Against the Motion)
|Closing Speech (For the Motion)
|Closing Speech (Against the Motion)
- Opening Speeches: The participants are expected to put forth their constructive arguments during their opening speeches. The opening speaker for the motion shall deliver his/her speech first followed by the opening speaker against the motion.
- Rebuttal Round: The opening speeches shall be followed by a four-minute rebuttal round wherein each team may pose two questions to the opposite team. The questions shall be posed alternately by teams. The time limit for each question and the answer thereto shall be 1 minute.
- Closing Speech: The participants are expected to summarise, analyse, rebut and provide a conclusion to the arguments already made during the opening speeches and the rebuttal round. No new constructive arguments shall be introduced during the closing speeches. However, the participants are allowed to nuance the arguments already made and state additional facts in relation to the same. The closing speaker for the opposition shall deliver his/her speech first followed by the closing speaker for the proposition.
- Question & Answer Round: The judges may, at their discretion, pose questions to the teams during the question and answer round.
Note: Candidates will be allowed to refer to materials during their speech.
- All teams will be acknowledged with a certificate in the Closing Ceremony.
- The final round winner and runner-up will be rewarded with a cash prize along with a certificate.
- Winner: Rs. 7,000
- Runner-up: Rs. 5, 000
Fee: Rs. 1000 per member (GST included). The registration fee includes accommodation, food and transport
- The accommodation and transport details will be shared after the registration.
- The teams are expected to arrive on October 26th by 6:00 pm.
- If teams wish to attend the South Asian Political Forum (Ambassadors’ Session), kindly let us know during registration to ease the logistical processes.
- For Delhiites, the transport will be provided from the pickup venue to O. P. Jindal Global University Campus, Sonipat on October 26, 2018.
- For non-Delhiites teams are expected to reach Delhi. The transport will be provided from Pick up location (Airport, Railways station or Bus station) to O. P. Jindal Global University campus, Sonipat on October 26, 2018.
- On arrival, the teams will be given an event kit and Youth Conclave id which is to be kept with the participant till the end of the closing ceremony.
- The first round of debate will start on October 27th at 9:00 am.
- All teams are expected to attend the closing ceremony of Youth Conclave, 2018 to receive the certificates and prizes.
- The teams are also expected to submit their university affiliation during registration.
If interested, Kindly register yourself here.
In case of queries, feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]
- Raghav Kakkar: +91 9073403866
- Sakshi Garg: +91 9017913969
- Yashh Vijay Golechha: +91 9527888591