About the organisation and competition
Yuva Josh is a community, who help to develop Personality, Critical thinking, Empathy, Leadership, Advocacy for change, Projects & Campaigns skills.
Yuva Josh is organising Online Legal Quiz Competition on Criminal Law being conducted on 20th July 2019. All the program are organized under the supervision of Supreme Court Layers.
The basic knowledge of law is enough to participate in the Criminal law Quiz to be organized by Yuva Josh.
The Indian Penal Code (IPC) is the official criminal code of India. It is a comprehensive code intended to cover all substantive aspects of criminal law. The code was drafted in 1860 on the recommendations of first law commission of India established in 1834 under the Charter Act of 1833 under the Chairmanship of Lord Thomas Babington Macaulay.
It came into force in British India during the early British Raj period in 1862. However, it did not apply automatically in the Princely states, which had their own courts and legal systems until the 1940s. The Code has since been amended several times and is now supplemented by other criminal provisions.
The Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC ) is the main legislation on procedure for administration of substantive criminal law in India. It was enacted in 1973 and came into force on 1 April 1974.
It provides the machinery for the investigation of crime, apprehension of suspected criminals, collection of evidence, determination of guilt or innocence of the accused person and the determination of punishment of the guilty. Additionally, it also deals with public nuisance, prevention of offences and maintenance of wife, child and parents.
At present, the Act contains 484 Sections, 2 Schedules and 56 Forms. The Sections are divided into 37 Chapters.
- 1st will be awarded Cash Prize of ₹1500/-, memento & Certificate of excellence.
- 2rd will be awarded Cash Prize of ₹1000/-, memento & Certificate of excellence.
- 3rd will be awarded Cash prize of ₹500, memento and certificate of excellence.
- The next 10 following best candidate will be awarded a Certificate of Merit.
- A hard copy of the partnership certificate will be provided to every participant.
Format of Quiz
The quiz will be online, the Question paper will include the question in different formats, viz. Multiple Choice Question, One Word Answer, Short Answers.
The participant can give this exam from their home or hostel or any other place with the use of a Laptop or Mobile Phone.
Syllabus: IPC And CPRC
Rules & Regulations
- Quiz shall have 50 questions.
- Time will be of 40 minutes.
- Every question carries 01 marks & there will be no negative marking.
- The result will declare on 25th July 2019.
|Last Date of Registration
||15th July 2019
|Criminal Law Quiz
||20th July 2019 (07.00 PM)
|Results of Finals
||25th July 2019
|Dispatch of Certificates
||27th July 2019
Registration & Participation Procedure
- Candidates are required to submit necessary information and pay required fees at this link or on the website.
- Successfully registered participants will be provided with important guidelines and details to participate in the quiz.
- The registration link is here.
Registration fees is Rs. 300 Only.
For any further queries, connect with us on 7303045415 or Yuvajosh19[at]gmail.com.