The Competition Commission of India (CCI) is organizing an online quiz on Competition Law through the MyGov portal. The quiz will remain open for interested students till November 30, 2021.
Competition Commission of India (CCI) has been established under the provisions of the Competition Act, 2002 (Act). Its objectives are to eliminate practices having an adverse effect on competition, promote and sustain competition in markets, protect the interests of consumers and ensure freedom of trade in markets in India. The Act also mandates the Commission to undertake advocacy i.e. to create awareness and impart training on competition issues.
As a part of its advocacy initiatives, CCI announces the organisation of an ‘Online quiz on Competition Law’ to be held on the MyGov platform from November 15 to 30, 2021.
The objective of the Commission is to create broad-based awareness of Competition Law in India and generate interest in the nuances of the law among the stakeholders.
The event will be held as a part of the ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’, which is an initiative of the Government of India to celebrate and commemorate 75 years of progressive India and the glorious history of its people, culture and achievements.
Residents of India (aged 18 years and above as on October 31, 2021)
Individuals working in CCI or O/o Director General (permanent and contractual), and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in the Quiz.
A participant is required to self-certify that he/she is eligible to take the Quiz and also that he/she abides by these terms and conditions.
- First Prize: Rs. 25,000/-
- Second Prize: Rs 15,000/-
- Third Prize: Rs. 10,000/-
- Next 10 winners: Rs. 5,000/- each
- Next 10 winners Certificates of Merit*
[Winners under Sl. No. 1 to 4 will also be given Certificates of Merit.]
Note: Winners of cash prize need to share their bank account details and other credentials for the purpose of authentication.
If the winner is not contactable/does not respond within three working days from the result announcement, the prize will be considered forfeited and another winner will be selected from the remaining eligible entries in accordance with the above process until a winner is selected and can be contacted.
Terms and Conditions
- The objective of the quiz is to create broad-based awareness of Competition Law in India and generate interest in the nuances of the law among the stakeholders.
- This is a timed quiz with 20 multiple choice questions to be answered in 10 minutes. There will be no negative marking.
- Performance in the Quiz will be evaluated based on “Maximum Correct Answers in the Shortest Time”. For example, if many individuals secure 20 marks, they will be ranked on the basis of the time taken to complete the Quiz, as electronically determined. The individual, who has completed the Quiz at the earliest shall be considered the best performer. After ranking the individuals with a score of 20, the individuals with a score of 19 will be ranked, and so on.
- Any kind of malpractice, such as, impersonation, double participation, etc., will render the participation of the individual null and void.
- CCI will not accept any responsibility for entries that are lost, or are late or incomplete or have not been transmitted due to computer error or any other error beyond the organizer’s reasonable control. Please note proof of submission of the entry is not proof of receipt of the same.
- CCI will declare the final results on a date convenient to it.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, CCI reserves the right to amend or withdraw the quiz at any time. For the avoidance of doubt, this includes the right to amend these terms and conditions.
- The Participant shall abide by all the rules and regulations of participating in the Quiz from time to time. CCI reserves all rights to disqualify or refuse participation to any participant if it deems participation or association of any participant is detrimental to the quiz.
- The registrations shall be void if the information submitted is illegible, incomplete, invalid, damaged, false or erroneous. CCI’s decision on the result shall be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the same.
- By entering the quiz, the entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Indian Judiciary.
How to Participate?
- A participant needs to register on the MyGov portal before taking the quiz.
- For registration, the participant needs to submit a valid mobile number and a valid e-mail ID.
- By submitting your contact the participant will give consent to these details being used for the purpose of the Quiz.
- Once submitted an entry cannot be withdrawn.
- One entrant can participate only once. Multiple entries from the same entrant will not be considered and will be discarded.
Click here for the official information.