Applications are open for the Program and Research-Security Studies Internship Opportunity at Carnegie India. This is a virtual (online) internship.
About Carnegie India
Carnegie India, based in New Delhi, is part of a robust global network that includes over 150 scholars in Beijing, Beirut, Brussels, Moscow, and Washington. It was founded in the year 2016.
The center focuses primarily on three interrelated programs: technology and society, political economy, and security studies.
Led by Indian experts with decades of international and domestic policy experience, Carnegie India engages with governments, policymakers, academics, students, industries, practitioners, and civil society to provide insightful and fresh analysis on India’s pressing challenges and the rising role of India in the world.
Click here to know more about Carnegie India.
About Carnegie India Internship
- Carnegie India is seeking a program and research intern, with a background in international relations, political science, or history, to work for a period of 6 (Six) months.
- This is a full-time internship and applicants must have completed either their undergraduate or postgraduate education. Current students will not be considered for the position.
- This is a virtual internship – onboarding and all work will be done remotely.
- Carnegie India offers 3-12 months internships to support the center’s scholars and programs.
- Interns are provided a stipend.
- Carnegie India is not able to provide information on possible external sources of funding or provide assistance for visa-related matters. Applicants are advised to check with their academic institutions for information about available sources of internship funding.
Responsibilities of the Intern
- The intern will provide overall support to Carnegie India’s security studies program, which will include programmatic, project, and research activities.
- Responsibilities will include research assistance on an environmental risk mapping project and issues relating to India’s foreign and security policy.
- Overall, interns will assist scholars and staff on ongoing projects, background research, and events.
- Be enrolled in a college or be a recent graduate.
- Have an excellent verbal and written command of English
How to Apply?
Applications will be judged on past academic performance, relevant academic study, and work experience. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
For consideration, applicants must send
- A one-page cover letter clearly stating the desired position, as well as relevant experience and skills. The cover letter must indicate the period of availability.
- A one-page resume.
- A writing sample of no longer than 800 words.
June 15th, 2021
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.