Name, college and year of study
Kartik Aggarwal, Ansal University, 3rd year
Name of the organization and its full address
Areness Attorneys, 13 Arihant Nagar, Punjabi Bagh, Delhi- 110026, India.
Duration of the internship
18th June 2020 to 18th July 2020
How to Apply?
Applied directly by sending my resume along with the cover letter to the Managing Partner of the firm i.e. Mr. Sagar Aggarwal. I got confirmation on the very next day.
Contact: sagar[at]arenesslaw.com and also you can apply on work[at]arenesslaw.com
First day formalities, infrastructure and first impression
On the first day, the managing partner of the firm i.e. Sagar sir briefed me about the organization’s aim and goals. There were no formalities as such apart from getting an NDA signed, which is the being done by almost all the firms. The firm has one more partner i.e. Anjali Mam.
The firm consists of a team of 30 Associates. The major work areas of the firm are Commercial Litigation, Insolvency, Litigation and etc. Due to COVID-19, as it was a virtual internship I don’t know about the infrastructure.
I was given the task to research on the following acts:
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016: The Patents Act, 1970 along with the Legal Research on the following issues i.e. Why is it important to increase the minimum insolvency threshold during COVID-19 under section 4 of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016.
- Why Prime Minister Cares fund is exempted from the Right to Information Act, 2005 and the last issue i.e. If a report submitted by a scientific advisor appointed in a patent infringement case, such report should be considered by the court while deciding the final rights and liabilities of the parties involved in the suit or at the interim stage?
As I was given with these specific topics for research. I had to prepare a full document or report on the assigned topics. The task allotted to me enhanced my legal skills and motivated me to achieve my future endeavors.
- Every task had to be submitted before a given deadline, which helped to tackle with pressure and become more efficient with my work.
- All the associates and interns were very helpful. They all are very nice to me. You can ask anything until you get it.
- All the members are easy to approach, hence it feels comfortable to ask any question that one might feel uncomfortable in asking. They are available for help any time. I was treated very nicely and friendly.
I did not find any negative points in the firm during my internship. Everyone was nice to me and helped me every time. Working hours are very flexible. There was no need to step out for the internship work.
This internship helped me a lot in improving my legal research and drafting skills. I am more motivated towards my goal and moreover I could utilize my time lock downtime into a fruitful investment.
Office timings were very flexible.
Disclaimer: Internship experiences are opinions shared by individual law students and tend to be personal and subjective in nature. The internship experiences shared on Lawctopus are NOT Lawctopus' official views on the internship.