2017 could be very well the year of online education, as more and more students, professionals and executives turn to learn online. One major trend is online courses certified by well known Universities.
National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata, one of the top National Law Universities, launched a certificate course in Real Estate Laws. Delhi based iPleaders, one of India’s leading online education service providers tied up with NUJS to launch the course as its technology partner.
The course is currently delivered through LawSikho.com, a marketplace for online courses run by iPleaders.
Real estate is considered to be a symbol of wealth in India. While the industry reported slower growth in 2017 so far, it represents 9% of India’s GDP and is a key employment driving sector.
It is also known to be a sector where laws and regulations make up a key business factor.
With the introduction of a law for regulating real estate developers, and recent spate in failure of real estate companies to deliver properties as per agreement, the importance of lawyers and executives with regulatory experience and expertise is higher than ever.
Both clients and builders, and consequently law firms are courting legal minds who can get the job done and protect valuable interests.
In the light of growing importance of law and regulations as well as training of real estate executives and lawyers in new areas of law, launch of this course by NUJS to impart practical legal knowledge regarding real estate laws will be significant.
NUJS Kolkata is one of the most known and reputed premier law institutions of India. NUJS Kolkata has been launching a slew of practical legal online courses like Certificate Course in Industrial and Labour Laws, Business and Administration Laws, Intellectual Laws and Cyber Laws, Banking, Insurance and Finance Services, etc.
About the Online Course on Real Estate Laws
- The Certificate Course on Real Estate Laws is a comprehensive course covering the laws and regulations governing the real estate sector in India and what is the procedure of real estate transactions in our country.
- Real estate contributes about 9% to India’s GDP but this sector so far has been largely unregulated and non- supervised. With the enforcement of the Real Estate Act, 2016 rights, duties and obligations have been created for both the consumers and developers. This course teaches about the legal compliances required under the Real Estate Regulation Act, 2016, as well as all the other important legislations, local and national. It covers due diligence required on part of the consumers as well as developers and the important agreements that form part of the real estate transactions.
- This sector is also a major employer of lawyers and fresh graduates. However, law students and young lawyers rarely have access to the practical insights of the industry, making their absorption difficult. This makes this course very valuable to those who are looking for a job in a real estate law firm or companies.
- Even if you are looking at working independently with a few builder clients and build up your practice, this course will be of immense help. If you are planning to practice civil and commercial law, gaining expertise and credentials in Real Estate law is a great idea. Apart from big cities which have many law firms specialising in Real Estate Laws, in tier 2 and tier 3 cities the demand for real estate expertise is really high and supply of trained lawyers in this area is next to nil.
Learning Objectives of the Real Estate Law Course
- The learning imparted under this course shall give you an edge over the regular law courses that focus on sections and case laws by including practical aspects and best practices of the real estate transactions. For instance, knowing sections from property act related to mortgage is hardly sufficient when you are called on to conduct a due diligence on a real estate company by a potential investor, which may have many mortgages in different places and you have to evaluate legal risks associated with them. Similarly, if you have to prepare a mortgage agreement for a bank, ability to draft and negotiate will become essential. Law schools are rarely able to teach these essential skills, a gap which this course is filling up.
- It helps you go beyond and equip with knowledge which otherwise is only attained through personal mentoring of a capable lawyer or working many years in jobs and therefore can help you to get noticed during your internships leading to a PPO, and definitely in job interviews.
Target Audience of the Real Estate Law Course
- The certificate course is designed in manner to enable law students, young lawyers, real estate executives, builders, CAs, CSs, etc. to learn the ropes of real estate transactions.
Why this Course?
Who has prepared the course material?
- The course content has been designed by industry experts and leading lawyers involved in real estate transactions and legal work, thus adding updated knowledge and practicality to the subject and covers the minute details that will add an edge to your ability to work in the real estate industry as an expert.
What is the distinguishing feature of this Real Estate Law course?
The course teaches you the practical application of the theoretical knowledge and how real life real estate transactions are done including the following:
- Legal compliances required under the Real Estate (Regulation and Developments) Act, 2016;
- Preparation of the due diligence report for a property including checking the title papers;
- Various modes of transfer of property and conveyancing;
- Preparation of documentation for selling real estate property;
- Different Real estate contracts and other documentation with their relevance and important clauses;
- Stamp duty and taxes to be paid, etc.
A law school can teach you the law but won’t help until unless you know how to apply them.
What is the duration of the course?
- The course is for a period of 3 months. Once you register, you can take the exam anytime within the next 12 months, which adds to the flexibility of the course. Also, exams are online and there is no need to travel to give exams.
How to access the course?
- The course is available online and can be accessed at any given point of time. iPleaders also have their Software/application ‘Lawsikho’ which comes with an integrated app that can be downloaded on mobiles and tablets to access the courses.
What is the teaching methodology of the course?
- The course is primarily taught online. It is a distance course offered by National University of Juridical Sciences.
What is the fees of the course?
- The course fee is Rs. 5000/-.
Are hard copies of the course material provided?
No hard copies are provided or required to pursue this course.
How are the doubts cleared?
- Doubts are cleared within 24 hours on the discussion forum.
How is the exam conducted?
- An online exam is conducted at the end of the course.
Where do we get the certification from?
- Those who complete the course successfully after taking the online test will be given certification from NUJS, Kolkata.
Are there any live classes?
- Time to time webinars and classes may be arranged with industry experts to give more insight into the real estate transactions and the developments in the field. If you can’t attend you will be able to see the video recordings of the key parts later on.
Is attendance compulsory?
- It is a self paced course and attendance is not relevant.
Eligibility to participate in the Real Estate Law course
One must be at least 12 pass, proficient in English and know how to use a computer to enrol into this course. Proof of education qualification will have to be provided to the University.
How can I enroll in this course?
Visit this link to enroll into this online course on real estate laws.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.