About School of Law, Christ University
School of Law, CHRIST (Deemed to be University) is an institute imparting world-class legal education, not only to students from various parts of the country but also hosts a strong international students’ representation.
It has been ranked as one of the Top 20 law colleges in the country by the National Institutional Ranking Framework by the MHRD in 2020.
About the Competition
The Alternative Dispute Resolution Board of School of Law, CHRIST, is hosting its 1st National Online Med-Arb Competition, 2020 (NOMAC), as a part of its flagship event, the 6th edition of the National Alternative Dispute Resolution Competition (NADR).
The Board has decided to host a National Level Med-Arb Competition for the academic year 2020-21. The Med-Arb Competition is an amalgamation of Mediation and Arbitration wherein Mediation will be followed by Arbitration on the same problem on law.
The Competition will be held from October 30 to November 1, 2020. The brochure holds detailed information regarding the competition.
Structure of the Competition
- Each team will comprise of 3 members in total.
- The participants portraying the role of Client- Counsel in the Mediation rounds will become the Counsels in the Arbitration rounds.
- The participant portraying the role of a Mediator in the Mediation rounds will become the Arbitrator in the Arbitration rounds.
Undergraduate students of Law Colleges/Universities pursuing a 3 Year/5 Year Degree in law
Participation allotments shall be made on the basis of slots re-served from provisional registration for the respective Law College/University. The provisional registration to institutes shall be granted on the basis of the College/ University’s qualifications in ADR activities.
On confirmation of provisional registration, only one team representing a Law College/university can take part in the Med-Arb Competition, i.e. each University/ College shall be given only one slot for the competition.
Team Composition and fee details
- Registration fees: Rs. 1,800/-
- Members per team: 3
- 1 Mediator-cum-Arbitrator
- Client-Advocate pair for the Mediation Round (The same pair shall be the Counsels for the Arbitration Round)
For Provisional Registration, click here.
- Commencement of ProvisionalRegistration: September 30, 2020
- Deadline for Provisional Registration: October 5, 2020
- Confirmation of slots: October 6, 2020
- Release of Problem and Rules: September 30, 2020
- Deadline for Registration of Teams along with payment: October 30, 2020
- Last date to seek Clarifications: October 15, 2020
- Last date for submission of the memo: October 28, 2020
Please Note: The application process is the same for both, i.e. Mediation and Arbitration rounds.
Also, the details regarding the procedure to pay the registration fee will be communicated to the teams who have complied with the rules of the previous stages.
For queries, write to:
Alternative Dispute Resolution Board
School of Law
CHRIST (Deemed to be University)
- Prajna Kariappa (+91 9449177388)
- Karan A. Parmar (+91 9004948394)
More posts that you might be interested in
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.