Applications are open for The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India (OCSI) Scholarships 2021-22. Apply by May 15, 2021.
About the OCSI Scholarship
The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India (OCSI) is a not-for-profit alumni organization based in New Delhi, India.
The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarships are part-cost awards for undergraduate, second undergraduate, graduate study, and research in any subject available at the Universities of Cambridge and Oxford, UK.
These scholarships were instituted by the Society over fifty years ago. Originally established as a purely social network of the Oxford and Cambridge alumni in Delhi, the Society transitioned into a more academic and educational support network in the 1960s, while continuing with its major role as an alumni body. Initially, the scholarships were a peripheral activity, but these soon became the most important aspect of the working of the society, which itself moved from a Delhi-based to an all-India role through the scholarships.
Click here to know more.
- University of Cambridge, UK
- University of Oxford, UK
The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India shall award scholarships for 2021-22 from the OCSI K.K. Luthra Memorial Scholarship and the OCSI Anita Banerji Memorial Scholarship and other grants that are or may become available.
Fields of Study
Generally available for any subject/course/field of study available at the two universities (some scholarships may be limited to specific courses or fields of study)
The levels of study include the following:
- The research leading to the Ph.D. degree
- One-year post-graduate courses (e.g. MPhil, LLM, BCL, Diploma, CASM or Part III Maths, MBA, PGCE, etc.)
- Taught and research-based Masters programs of various durations (including M.Sc., engineering, medicine)
- Second Bachelors degree as an Affiliated Student/Senior Status
- Bachelors degree program
What do the OCSI Scholars Receive?
- Financial award of scholarship (as given above and will vary from year to year)
- Letter of support from OCSI for other scholarship awarding bodies
- Complimentary life membership of the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India
- Mentoring, whereby a member of OCSI can, on request, play the role of a mentor and will support the OCSI scholar during his/her stay at Oxford/Cambridge by giving appropriate guidance to the awardee. It shall be the endeavour of the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India to identify a mentor who shares some interests with the OCSI scholar.
- Must be a citizen of India
- Must be ordinarily resident in India
- Must be not more than 30 years of age on 1 September of the year of application for the award
- Must be a graduate of an Indian university if applying to a second undergraduate or for a postgraduate course (applicants who are expected to graduate in the year of the award are also eligible to apply for the awards), or be from a school in India if applying for an undergraduate course.
- Must have applied for and secured admission to study a full-time course at the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford. Candidates are required to present proof of admission before granting of the scholarship, and proof of having taken up residence at Cambridge or Oxford before the scholarship funds are released.
- Must intend to pursue a course of study that is one of the fields mentioned under the ‘Fields of Study’ section.
- Must be admitted to the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford through the University’s normal academic procedures. OCSI cannot admit students or assist in this process.
Application and Decision Process
- Application forms for OCSI scholarships will be available on the website of the Society by March every year.
- Announcement of the OCSI scholarships will be sent to the universities of Oxford and Cambridge, the colleges of the two universities, the British Council and the British High Commission.
- All completed applications must reach the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India by 15 May 2021.
- Candidates who are shortlisted for the interviews shall be informed by Mid June 2021. The decision of the OCSI Scholarship Committee on the short-listing and selection of candidates shall be final.
- All short-listed candidates will be required to attend an interview with the OCSI scholarship committee tentatively on 10 July 2021. Details with respect to the interview (whether virtual or physical) shall be available in due course.
- Award offers will normally be made to selected candidates by 31 July 2021.
Note: While considering applications, preference will be given to candidates pursuing graduate and research-based programs including post-doctoral research.
For any queries about the OCSI scholarships, please email us at secretary[at]oxbridgeindia.com
Please Note: Read the OCSI Scholarship 2021 Guidelines carefully, before applying for the scholarship.
More such Fellowships and Scholarships that you might be interested in
- Fulbright-Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program by USIEF 2022-23 [10-Months Program]: Apply by June 15
- Ahimsa Fellowship [Animal Welfare Advocacy; 10-Month Residential], Delhi: Apply by May 10
- Rotary Peace Fellowship Program 2022-23 [Master’s Degree & Certificate Program]: Apply by May 15