Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the O.P. Jindal Global University ADVANCE Fellowships for the Students of Afghanistan.
About the Fellowship
The JGU͛s ADVANCE Fellowships Policy aims to support students from Afghanistan to:
- develop research capabilities and intellectual competencies by working closely under the supervision of highly qualified, senior faculty of JGU;
- support students and provide them a pathway to a career in academics.
Number of Seats
This policy is applicable to all students of Afghan nationality who are selected for Ph.D. programmes at JGU. The policy will be applicable with effect from the Spring 2022 semester (January 2022) and will be open for admitting students for a period of two years.
- Applicants should have completed the Master͛s programme or M.Phil. as on the date of applying.
- The students can apply to any of the Schools or Institutes at JGU offering Doctoral programmes.
- All applicants for Ph.D. programmes need to apply to the Office of Doctoral Studies and follow the applicable procedure for admission.
- The students of Afghan nationality who get admitted are eligible for fellowship. Preference will be given to women scholars.
- Maximum up to 10 (ten) fellowships will be awarded to students from Afghanistan pursuing Ph.D. programme at JGU. The fellowship will be for Rs. 25,000 (Rupees Twenty-five thousand only) per month based on the performance and the amount will be paid on monthly basis.
- JGU will provide a suitable shared accommodation to the students in the vicinity of the campus along with complimentary food facility in the University dining hall.
- All full time Ph.D. Scholars will be provided a complimentary annual health insurance coverage of up to Rs. 50,000.
Terms and Conditions of Fellowship
- Each full time Ph.D. Scholar, post successful completion of course work and synopsis should be engaged in teaching assignment.
- The students are required to submit a monthly progress report of their research work to their respective Schools and Institutions and a quarterly report to the Office of Doctoral Studies.
- The students who receive the fellowship amount shall not be eligible for any other statutory / non statutory benefits such as gratuity, pension, PF, etc.
- The tenure for fellowship for Ph.D. Scholars under the JGU Fellowship Assistance Policy is only for 3 (three) years. Upon expiry of this period, the work of the scholar will be evaluated by a panel of experts.
- The students need to complete the research in the stipulated time period. In exceptional cases, if there is any extension of period for research, the student will not be eligible for the fellowship during the extended period.
- The Ph.D. Scholars will be required to publish minimum two articles in SCOPUS indexed journals during the period of three years. They will not be entitled for any additional publication benefit.
How to Apply?
Step 1: Fill the online application through the JGU website. The online application form required to upload the following documents;
- A statement of purpose (SOP) explaining the reason for planning to pursue PhD degree from Jindal Global University (around 1000-1500 words)
- Copies of transcript (Masters, Bachelor, class 12th & class 10th )
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A concise & coherent copy of research proposal (1500-2500 words) from proposed area of research. It should include central issues or questions that researcher intend to address. It should outline the general area of study within which the proposed research falls, referring to the current state of knowledge and any recent debates on the topic generally known as review of literature.
Step 2: Appear in an online Research Entrance Examination conducted by JGU. The syllabus of the entrance test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject-specific questions.
Note: Entrance Examination exemption (as per the concerned JGU school requirement) to those Applicants who have qualified UGC/CSIR/ JRF/NET/SLET (Haryana State) or any other similar examination.
Step 3: Post successful research entrance exam, candidate has to appear for an interview with the School Doctoral Committee (SDC). Candidate has to present his/her tentative research idea referring to the current state of knowledge & recent development from the proposed area of research.
Note: If in case an Afghan nation student is not able to submit the required application fee due to any technical glitch, they may write us at email@example.com for the same. In exceptional cases on recommendation, we may allow the student to submit this application fee later.